Statendam Cruise Review by mad101

Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: S
See More About: Statendam Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Statendam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Statendam Deck Plans
Fantastic Panama Canal Cruise 2011/2012
This is just going to be a short tale, but we travelled with our teen age daughter on the Christmas cruise and we all had such a fantastic incredible relaxing time. The only bad thing was the end of the cruise we had to get off and say goodbye to the wonderful new people we met which included fellow passengers and staff and crew.

I had read a few negative reviews about this ship and was slightly hesitant, but trust me it is a grand old ship and it is a credit to the Captain, Officers, Staff and Crew that keep her in tip top shape.

Only thing I would say that if you are travelling with children the families seem to go on this ship at holiday seasons and the other times it is a much more older demographic age group. I am in my mid forties and I would be considered the youngest. But don't be to worried the HAL have a fantastic set up for children and all travelling passengers.

Ports we visited : Puerto Vallarta, Huatulco,Guatemala, Nicaragua,Costa Rica and Cartagena. Some we loved and some were not to my liking but that is a personal choice each person has their own opinion.

I just want to say a special thank you to the people who looked after us at the Concierge desk, the spa and salon and we mainly ate the Pinnacle and then the people at the crows nest. Also to our wonderful room attendants. Also the cruise director was very entertaining.

We are now looking at a European Cruise with Holland.

It was a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Publication Date: 02/14/12