Disney Dream Cruise Review by kasandra: Disney Dream - Need Serious HELP

Disney Dream - Need Serious HELP

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

We just arrived back from the Disney Dream, while it is a beautiful ship, it lacks in alot of ways from other cruiselines. Disney decided to build a larger ship, but did not increase the pool sizes for the KIDS.

The pool needed to be empty atleast 4 times a day. This was due to the fact the pools where so small to accommodate the amount of kids aboard. We have pictures that would make you sick with regards to the amount of people in a tiny pool at once - sometimes I would say there was almost 100 people for a pool that should only hold about 30 people. My daughter 8 years old would not go anywhere near the pools.

The hot tub said adult supervision, and max 20 - we went by this many times and there where at least 40 people in the hot tub (without adults)- Very unsanitary.

I have been on approx 15 cruises, my daughter has been on aleast 10 - the food they serve the kids is JUNK - I am sorry, it is not health for a kid to eat Burgers, Chicken Fingers, French More Fries, Pasta and Pizza the whole week - but this was on the menu 95% of the time. I had to order from the adults menu for my daughter, which the server where like really? That not on the kids menu!!!

Also the food was never hot - No matter where you ate buffet, dinning room etc cold, cold cold. They need to take a few lessons from other cruiselines thats for sure.

In the dinning room you could not change the menu at all i.e mashed potatoes for a bake potates, they just couldn't do it? Yet on any other cruiselines you could change anything and it would still come out HOT not COLD like the Disney Dream

They change alot of things like the firework buffett - they no longer set it up, due to the lack of space on deck "11" which was a complete disater 99 percent of the time.

People say the Oasis of the Sea wow - how can the ship accommodate that many people, well let me tell you I have been on the Oasis and well at any given time there is 10 times more for the kids to do. The pools are not unsanitary, and NOT over crowded as they have them, spread out throught the ship.

If looking for a cruise DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON DISNEY - Go anywhere else. Trust me... Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 5