Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Sea~n~Sun

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Sea~n~Sun
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: Sea~n~Sun
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: N
Entertainment 5+

A Great Getaway on The Liberty of The Seas
We have sailed Royal Caribbean before and were familiar and comfortable with their company. I wanted a vacation that required very little planning and we could just go and have a nice relaxing time. This trip provided us with that and it was nice we were able to do some of booking of activites, sign waivers, etc. before we left.

We chose the least expensive interior option for our room as we wanted to stay within a budget. We have had a balcony stateroom before and loved it but thought with the amount of time we spent in the room the interior option would be fine for us, and it was. Our room was small, but clean and comfortable. I knew what was buying and did not have unrealistic expectations either. I was surprised with how comfortable our bed was, and I slept well which is unusal for me when away from home. Our stateroom attendant was genuine and pleasant and worked hard to make sure we were comfortable. The only challenge I had with our room was that we had no sense of time since the room was always pitch black when the lights were off, but it really wasn't an issue, it would of just been easy to sleep the day away having no idea if it was even daylight out. The whole ship and staff took cleanliness very seriously and people were always cleaning and there were hand sanitizing dispensers everywhere. I was very glad to see that they took every measure possible to keep us healthy.

The Cruise Compass with the daily intinerary was always helpful to us and we always knew what was going on around the ship. We never felt crowded and there was always plenty of space around the ship. I felt like the entertainment on the Liberty of the Seas was fantastic. We saw Saturday Night Fever, In the Air, and the Encore ice show. All of them were great and the performers were very talented. I would highly recommend them if you are into that type of entertainment. My husband even enjoyed the ice show and music and dance performances are not really his thing. Besides the bigger shows on the ship there were always live performances of all different types of music, so depending on your mood or interest there was always something going on to keep you entertained.

The food was good and there were always a lot of options to eat. I personally liked the pizza place on the promenade deck. We went to the dining room several times and our food was always good. There is no doubt the waiters and staff work hard to take care of us. We are very basic, middle-class people and were just grateful for the opportunity to have nice meals provided to us daily for every meal, whenever we would like. Some reviews I read suggested that the food wasn't good, and although there were a few things I didnt care for, overall the food was wonderful. I think you should have realistic expectations. There are people from every background and social class on the ship but I never felt less-than anyone else. Some of the best food I have ever had has been while cruising, and when not on vacation we do not have extravagant meals. I sensed that there were many people on the ship just like us, people who work hard to pay for our vacation and enjoy the opportunity to be treated so well throughout our cruise by staff and eat and do things that we typically wouldn't do at home.

Our ports of call were Belize and Cozumel. In Belize we did snorkeling and a beach real booked through the ship. We had considerded doing it independently once we got t o Belize but I am glad we opted to do it this way. There were a lot of people, but I thought it was organized and since the ship was tendered the snorkeling boat came and picked us up and dropped us off right at the ship. We had been to Cozumel before and just opted for a beach break and spent the day at Playa Mia. It was a nice, relaxing inexpensive day for us. But for me, nothing beats a day on the pool deck while cruising. I love lounging in a chair, having drinks brought to me, listening to live Caribbean music, watching the waves. It is just the perfect day for me. My husband gets bored easily so being on the ship gives him a lot of options while I just lay in the sun. He enjoyed all the sports decks and real had fun doing the surfing simulator. Cruising works well for us because it allows us both to do things we enjoy.

The only frustration I had on our whole trip was the disembarkation process. That was the only time I felt herded like an animal and just a number. They were slow, a bit unorganized and I felt like they couldn't get us off the ship fast enough. Our flight didn't leave until 3:00 so we were able to take our time getting to breakfast but as we were getting to the buffet they were putting it away and was taking it away as we were trying to fill our plates. Some of the head individuals on the ship were rude during that time. The other rude encounter we had was with customer service when we asked to get some smaller cash bills for tipping. This was the last day and we had spent all of our other small bills we had brought with us. But only a few rude encounters really wasn't a big issue considering the extra effort that they clearly put into making you feel special. Most of the service was exceptional and I was well aware that the empoyees are just trying to make a living like me. I enjoyed talking to them and appreciated their hard work.

There was a lot of different people on the ship, so I would think any age or type of person could feel comfortable. There were a lot of children and families, but we have children and they didn't bother us. I really Ike that this ship had sepeate pool areas for the kids and adults. There were a lot of hot tubs and we never had a hard time finding one available.

Bottom line is, if you want a nice vacation at a great value, cruising is a good option. Our experience on RC Liberty of the seas was positive and I hope someday soon we can take our children to experience cruising too.

Publication Date: 02/13/12