Carnival Elation Cruise Review by bare3a: Good Time on the Elation

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Good Time on the Elation

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my husband and I's tenth cruise. We have cruised on Princess, Royal Caribbean, Disney, and multiple Carnival cruises. Reading the reviews, I knew to wait and judge the cruise ship for myself. We traveled from Ohio to Nashville for a day, then headed farther south to New Orleans! Stayed a night in New Orleans and saw all the sites that they had to offer.

We got to the ship at 12:15 PM and were on board the ship by 12:45 PM. The room we had on the ship was very large for two people. The bathroom was surprisingly nice. Our room steward was very good about keeping our room clean. I must say for an older ship I was surprised at how clean the entire ship was.

Our food was above average, but I have had better from Carnival. The problem was, the food was never really hot. We were early seating. Our waiter was not very friendly; never asking our names, not making the dining experience personable at all. We sat with two different families that made the More experience better; were we probably would not have gone back to the dining room to eat otherwise, we would have probably just gone back up to the lido deck.

Our first stop was Progresso. And out of all of the ports I have ever been to on ten different cruises all around North America, this has got to be the worst/poorest destination I have ever been to.....Bar none. I really wonder why Carnival would pick this as a port to go to. But with all of that being said, I did get a wonderful hour long massage for only 20 dollars!!!

The second stop was Cozemel, this is our sixth time being there, so no big surprises coming at us here. We were just happy to be in the warm weather.

In summation for the price that we paid for this cruise, you absolutely cannot beat it. We had a wonderful time, and got extremely lucky the weather was awesome. We also met some of the nicest people ever on this cruise. Thanks, hope you find this review helpful! Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>