Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Casino Crasher

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Casino Crasher
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Spirit
Member Name: Casino Crasher
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Number: 1-153
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Disappointed in the Entertainment and Smoking aboard ship
The shows were not impressive, spectacular or worth watching like some cruise ships we've been on.

I think I only stayed to watch one all the way through and I walked out on all the others that I went to see.

I do not appreciate seeing girls and guys touching each other seductively on stage. To us, that is NOT entertainment. The skimpy outfits that exploit the women, to me, is not in good taste. I am not LDS, but the entertainment department could learn a lot from them as they have the famous "Polynesian Cultural Center" in Oahu and all their entertainers are dressed decently and covered, yet put on a fabulous performance.

The shows did not seem like the high caliber that they ought to be.

We had two great nights in the Empire Dining Room where one of the waiters, named Stuart, from the Philippines, sang a couple of songs. He was one of the best entertainers with refreshing talent. I sure hope he gets more recognition for his talent as he is a wonderful singer.

I only enjoyed one comedy act: show; the Family Comedy Act by Seth Buchwald. I walked out on the other two "Family Comedy Acts" as they had a hard time keeping it "clean."

They acted like they had no direction with a theme for a show. The only thing one of them could do was to make fun of people.

I did not go to any of the adult comedy acts as I do not enjoy that type of filth. It's so sad to think that people enjoy that kind of thing and call it "entertainment".

My husband and I are non-smokers. I have a tendency to get sick when around cigarette smoke. Smoking needs to be in an area where non-smokers never have to walk through or have the ship completely smokeless. I do not enjoy having to wash my long hair before going to bed to prevent from smelling smoke all night as smoke clings to the follicles of hair.

Usually I was able to make it through the area by holding my breath and walking fast, but one night it was too crowded and I was running as I was running out of breath. I bumped into a lady, spilled her drink down the front of her and her drink went flying in the air and came down shattering all over the floor. I never looked back. I kept on running to prevent puking from the smoke. I never went through that area again. No, I had to go up and around to avoid having to go through the area again.

Publication Date: 02/12/12