Disney Dream Cruise Review by WeLoveDisneyAlways: Smooth Sailing..........

WeLoveDisneyAlways
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Smooth Sailing..........

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

We started our journey out at Disneys Bay Lake Towers Resort, we had a great stay. Our luggage was picked up at 8am and we were picked up at 11. We arrived the port around 1215. The line was long to go through security but it moved quickly. Once inside we headed straight for check in we were first in line got our room keys and headed for the ship. The line to register children for the kids club was very long. Once on board we skipped the Mid elevators (the line was very long) and headed for the AFT elevators I had no idea where I was going but we found our way very nicely. Luckily the AFT elevators were right by our room 10590 starboard side. Our room was great, we had preordered 2 cases of water and a 6 pack of beer before we left. The beer was waiting on ice and the water was on the desk area. Our room was very clean, lots of room for our small family. I know many families loved the split bathrooms while I hated it I found it such a pain, there was no benefit for us at all. I could More see it being nice for larger families.

This was our first cruise and I was very nervous, scared that our DD (whos has horrible car sickness) would spend most the trip sick. I must say we had a perfect experience we couldn't even tell we were moving. The only time I felt it was at night in bed and the rocking knocked us all out.

The ship was great we loved all the restaurants. I didn't like the fact that we had to repeat the same restaurant 3 times at the end, Pirate night, dinner again, then departure breakfast. We ate breakfast/lunch at Cabanas daily it was great lots of selection. We had a quick bite from room service once, and it was quick not even 5 mins the food was in our room very impressive.

We didn't get off the ship at Nassau we enjoyed the AquaDuck and pools they were pretty quiet, on the Castaway Cay day we got off and enjoyed the island til around 1 got back on board and the ship was empty great day.

We did 1 load of laundry took me a minute to figure the system out. The laundry room was pretty quiet. They had an iron/ironing board free of charge.

We only used the kids club for open houses so we could enjoy with our DD. They really are magical I just loved the kids club. We made flubber in the oceaneers club now that was fun.

Over all we had a great experience would do it again! Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 10 10590

We had a great location just a quick walk down the hall to the AFT elevators and we could walk up 1 set of stairs to Cabanas, quick walk to the MID elevators 1 set of stairs up and your at the pool. We had a laundry room steps away. Couldn't have had a better location for convenience. As for noise it was very noisy especially during the Pirate Party. We could not see the fireworks from our room. The room was clean well taken care of. We had a view of the dock at the port, the beautiful ocean at Nassau and Castaway Cay.