Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by bblover

Member Name: bblover
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First Timer
Where do we start.

I know that this is going to be a one sided review, however this was the first cruise that my wife and our two friends have ever taken. I have read some of the reviews that other people wrote that were on this cruise Jan 29th through Feb 5th and they had a lot different experiences than we did. However thank God we all still have the freedom of our opinions.LOL

We booked this cruise right off the Carnival website. We also booked the excursions on there as well. We had three ports of call. Jamaica, Grand Cayman's, and Cozumel.

Jamaica was awesome. The only bad experience we had was, when we got on a bus that was supposed to be taking us to the "Hip Strip" it took us instead to a shopping center out side of town. The bus driver then wanted to charge us all $25 to wait for us all day until we were ready to return. Needless to say we didn't pay him.

Then he wanted to charge us up from for the the next $5 to take us back to the ship. We told him there were more of us than there were of him we gave him the $5 for bringing us there and got off the bus. I complained to the people working at the desk and after 30 minutes they sent a taxi to take us to the place we were supposed to be going too.

Yes you get asked if you want to buy some WEED ALOT LOL. However you don't have to buy it. You have to remember they live in a different culture than we do.

Jamaica Was great.

Grand Cayman. Was OK. The Stingray bar excursion was cool. It was neat to swim next to gods creations, however it was a little freaky. ha-ha.

Cozumel was GREAT. We booked the 5 hour beach deluxe trip. Great food great beer and the folks working at the beach made it fun with contest on the beach. The water was beautiful.

OK here is my review of the food. I weigh 300 pounds and am 6 foot tall, so I know a little about food. Friends of mine who have cruised before told us to go to the dining room every night. We did and boy was it great. unlimited and taste great. The staff was awesome, as a matter of fact we tipped them a little extra on the last night. Elvis the boss was great.

We usually awoke each morning about 7:30 and went to the Lido deck to eat breakfast. From there it was 7 more times a day. I don't think I ever passed the ice cream machine and didn't get some.

Room service was great. Always quick and polite.

Our room was always clean and the bed was made up with the covers turned down at night.

We only had one unruly person on a deck below us that had a little/ a lot to drink one night and she was howling for about an hour. Security took care of that pretty quickly after being called.

We usually go to the beach for vacations, however we are already planning a cruise for next year and plan to take the kids this time.

Getting on the boat was easy, however we got there plenty early. Getting off the boat was even better. From the time they called our deck and we were the third deck called by the way were were through customs and in our car in 30 minutes.

As I said this was our first cruise so we really cant compare it to other cruise lines. I will tell you this. For the money we spent it was more than worth it. The only thing that I would complain about was the price of beer. However with the amount of food I ate I think I won. LOL.

We can't wait to go again.

Publication Date: 02/09/12