Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by mrgame101: Paradise it was!

mrgame101
Member Since 2007

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Cruises

Paradise it was!

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

This was our 3rd cruise. 4th with Carnival. We booked it Christmas Day as a Xmas present for us after receiving our Green Cards Christmas Eve. My friend is TA in Canada and booked with her.

We arrived at the port just after 1030. We were told boarding would be around 1120. Which is fine with us we would rather arrive early and be one of the first onboard and start the Cruise experience early! Boarding started early and we were on the lido deck by 1120!! I sat down and wife went to get lunch right away. When we first boarded we were only 5th in line for the deli, but the deli team member seemed extremely overwhelmed and when the F&B manager walked over and asked if he needed help he said no. It still did not take more then 5 mins for our sandwiches which were wonderful.

Now we have sailed on the Legend and the Glory. My wife thought the Paradise was a little dated, I didnt think so. But also I knew after the next sailing she was going into Dry Dock.

After lunch More we headed to the Serenity Deck and were the 2nd couple out there after boarding began an hour ago. It was wonderful to lay out there.

Over the next 4 days we roateted between lido deck lounging and Serenity deck.
While it is a smaller ship it never felt crowded. Our Cabin Steward Owen was outstanding and always willing to stop and chat and talk about our day and what we enjoyed. Said it was his 15th year with Carnival.

Alot of people say Carnival's food quality has gone downhill. It was 2.5 years since our last Carnival Cruise and I couldnt disagree more! The food was still outstanding- the selection has gone down a but but everything we had was very good. Our server in the dining room could have been better. He forgot a few things on 2 nights for us and our tablemates. In his defense his assistant disappeared for 3/4 of the seating. Not enough to complain to the Maitre'd.

Ate lunch in the dining room on both sea days for a change of scenery and it was really tasty.

The shows were good. The country show ran a little long in my opinion, but maybe I am just not a fan of counrty. The Piano Player was not very entertaining. But maybe thats because we go to GREAT piano bars on land.
The Table Artist AJ was a nice and funny guy and we checked out his Card Trick show both nights it was offered.

As usual I made my donation to the Casino!! We watched the Casino Vault game for a while each evening and it was neat watching everyone with all their 'theories' on how to beat the machine.

To sum it up our 4 days on the Paradise was a fun relaxing getaway and made us book 2 more Carnival Cruises in the next year!! Cant wait and happy sailing!! Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>