Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by tigercat

Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: C202
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Great 2 week cruise
We went on the Caribbean Princes for a B2B cruise starting Jan. 22, 2012. We had 10 ports of call so it was a very busy time. I am partially disabled and use a walker and I have several food items I can't eat. Embarking and Disembarking were easy and fast. They were really great with me and had a wheelchair ready for me.

Cabin C202 was great. It had a bed and a desk with another unit that had the TV. The closet and bathroom were small but had enough room for the two of us although the shower was so small and with me being so short it was hard to shampoo my hair without putting my head outside the shower to shampoo it. The balcony was an extended balcony which at first we were worried about but in the end it was wonderful. My husband loved it because he could see the bridge. It was a very quiet area of the ship.

At every port they had people at the gangplank to help me up and down to the dock. At the buffet they had people who carried my plate and help me get my food. Everyone was really helpful so I was happy with that. The only problem I had was getting to my room with the carts in the hall. My walker does collapse and my husband would carry my walker around the carts and I would walk. I am not sure what I would have done without my husband there.

Food: The buffet was really very good and it was nice that they had servers that would bring you your drinks. I never had a problem finding something to eat there although I really wasn't eating as much there as I was saving myself for dinner. My dinners the first week were horrible. In fact some nights it was tasteless. I was not given any choice of dessert and was given only one entree to chose from. I never got full just ate enough to not feel hungry. After I talked to the head of the food and beverage department and getting a change of Head Waiter my 2nd week of food really improved. I actually was given a choice of entrees and desserts.

We did eat at the Crown Grill one night and it was really wonderful. I had the rack of lamb which was done perfectly. The service here as well as the dining room was great.

I had no complaints about any of the staff. They were all very pleasant and helpful. I always thanked them and was pleasant to them and received it back.

It was really nice not to have to deal with any smokers on our balcony and there really wasn't anywhere that was too bad. The smokers stayed on the one side at the top and smokers were not anywhere they shouldn't have been. They were really respectful.

tigercat