Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Sydney Oz: Disappointed.

Sydney Oz
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Disappointed.

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Embarkation at the Overseas Terminal in Sydney was chaotic, absolutely no organisation and people lined up for ages just to drop bags. Something needs to be done about this.
Got a gastro virus three days out and quarantined for two days due to something I had eaten, missed Milford Sound and Dunedin. What a good start.

Tendering in Arkaroa was painful with passengers standing in the blazing sun waiting and waiting for tenders to take them back to ship.

The waiting staff need more training. Some were great but others were appalling and rude to boot. For instance, an ordered breakfast, after waiting for half an hour and everyone else had finished, came incomplete so I asked if I could have what I ordered. When he finally came back with the missing sausage he said "I hope you're happy now"! Excuse me! I still seethe reminding myself of this aside. Plates were never cleared away in a timely manner, a real irritation of mine. Hot water served in a teapot and 15 More minutes later a teabag is offered!!!

Ship had too many passengers. Children took over all activities and every pool area even the solarium. There was nowhere to get away from them. Never travel during school holidays unless you have children in tow. Passengers without children have no rights to peace and quiet?

I never saw crew sanitising any part of the ship during the two weeks on board. Passengers were not encouraged to sanitise their hands prior to eating in the top floor of the main dining room. Buffet staff did enforce this. As a result my husband and I caught a bad virus and its been two weeks since we got off the ship and we are still not 100%. This is the first time on many cruises we have actually been ill, we are always very careful but still succumbed to Radiance's bugs. Maybe more cleaning would be in order.

What a whine...sorry but this was our fourth cruise with RCL and I have always recommended them to friends. Is the service poorer because we are Australian and they think we don't notice bad service well they are wrong. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Radiance of the Seas 4584

Cabin 4584 outside Adequate space. Pillowtop mattress request answered and made bed really comfortable. Bathroom curtainly is a darn nuisance. When are RCL going to change that? Very quiet in new refurbished area on deck 4.