Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Valerie F: Not the best cruise

Not the best cruise

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

My husband booked this cruise to celebrate my 65th birthday and we had reservations about cruising with RCI before we booked. We could not fault the ship it was beautiful and our cabin steward one of the best we have encountered.
Our only real complaint was that we had asked for a special menu as I am diabetic and also have raised cholesterol. In spite of asking several times no special menu was forthcoming and I was told by the waiter to choose from the Vitality menu. This rather spoilt the cruise as I wasn't sure what the ingredients were in the dishes.
Before we cruised my children tried to arrange a Celebration package for me and early in December rang RCI office in England. The member of staff didn't seem to know much about this and told them to ring again after Xmas. They did and were told it was too late now to arrange anything.
Unless you were very keen on quizzing there was very little in the way of daytime entertainment except for some excellent lectures on More the Ports of Call. The evening entertainment was a but hit and miss the comedy magician was awful as was one of the comedians and the Productions shows were tedious. Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>