Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by littlebelle7@msn.com: I like cruises

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

I like cruises

Sail Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Was on Freedom of Seas June 2011 to Eastern Carribean. I have sailed the Royal Carribean line on five other cruises and had above average to great experiences; but I cannot same the same about this cruise.

Embarkation was well organized and efficient.

We stayed on the ninth deck in a stateroom with a balcony; our children stayed in an interior room across the hall from us. Our stateroom attendant was friendly and accomadating. Both of our staterooms were kept clean.

The food in the main dining room was pretty good; service good. Food good in the Windjammer and decent selection. However, Windjammer not kept real clean; tables with dirty dishes; floor/rug always dirty. One of the attendants at the coffee area had a bad attitude, became argumentative with me.

When booking an excursion, there was this one person who said what he thought I needed to hear just so I would book an excursion. Otherwise, he was not at all informative about any of the More excursions; hardly a smile or thank you when he got my money.

When speaking with ship operator or dealing with the customer service on deck five-never a smile-made you feel bad for making any inquiries; and there was this one woman I spoke with who was extremely rude.

Solarian pool closed just about every evening, even though there was a sign at the pool area that said it was open every day until midnight. Every time I asked an attendant, I got either blown off or got the run around, and I received a barrage of excuses as to why the solarian pool was closed so frequently, and it never had anything to do with inclement weather, cleaning, or anything important. I asked to speak to someone in charge, and I was ignored by the members of the crew. I called customer service to complain, and was basically told to deal with it, that they could close the pool anytime. I know the name of who I spoke to and reported her.

Ports of call were: Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten; Coco Cay and St. Maarten were worth it-scenery beautiful; water clear and turqoise-just like you would see on a postcard.

Entertainment/shows enjoyable, and something for everyone.I will continue to sail on the Royal Carribean cruise line; but would not recommend the Freedom of the Seas, being the staff were downright nasty, and didn't want to help you, and of course, the closing of the pools for no reason. Like I said, I've been on other RCI ships, and been to various ports, including Carribean, and had a very good cruise experience (plenty of other RCI ships leaving for Carribean). Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Deck 6

Was on ninth deck-had a stateroom with a balcony; room was clean and quiet; ample space for luggage. Beds were average in comfort level.

There is the Dutch side and French side; Took an excursion to one of the beaches on the French side; Water was warm, clear, and beautiful; enjoyed the French side because of the scenery; Dutch side not much to look at.

Not quite what I expected. Didn't think St Thomas was all that lovely; Charlotte Amalie had alot of cars, buses, just like the city; sat in traffic for a little while trying to get to the east side of the island. Also, you have to take public transportation to get anywhere, too unsafe to walk or take a bike. The beaches were OK. Not enough ferries traveling to St. John. Just overall not real impressed with St Thomas; will go to St. Criox nexttime.
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews