Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Lisa81

Cabin Category: 8J
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

30th birthday getaway!
Background info: I traveled with my mom and my boyfriend for to celebrate my 30th birthday.

Embarkment: Easy Peasy! We drove down from NJ the day of the cruise. It was a short 1 hour drive and the port is right next to 95. Parking was $105, and it's a very short walk to the ship from the lot. We arrived at around 11 and after a short wait, parked and started the check in process. In no time we were on the Lido deck enjoying our first DOD ( mom had hot tea lol ).

Cabin: We took advantage of a last minute upgrade and went from an OV on deck 1 to an extended balcony on deck 6. The cabin was spacious and comfortable. I LOVE the shower system on the ship. It was plenty big enough and the hot water was plentiful. Storage was a bit of an issue with 3 people in one cabin.

Food: Let me first say no one went hungry! Breakfast was just ok. The powdered eggs got to me after a while and the bacon wasn't cooked enough for me. Mom loved getting fried eggs at the omelet station. The selection of jellies for toast and bagels was great. Coffee was just ok. Lunch was good, burgers, deli sandwiches and the salad bar was fantastic. We had dinner in the MDR every night but one. Servers were fantastic, food was good, our table mates were a lot of fun! We skipped dessert most nights.

Entertainment: Mom and I went to 3 shows, Welcome Aboard was a lot of fun. Vroom, the show on the second night was just awful. Very drawn out and boring. When I noticed older people walking out during it I knew I wasn't alone in my opinion. I can't remember the name of the last show we went to, I'm pretty sure I zoned out through it as it wasn't very entertaining. I love country music, the country singer on the ship was like listening to elevator music with a country twist.

Casino: I spent a lot of time here as my boyfriend enjoys the table games. I loved the little seating area in front of the bar, very comfortable. Ioana, the waitress for that area was fantastic, very personable and friendly. I played the penny slots a few time and won $50!

Ports: Port Canaveral, if I go there again I will definitely take a planned excursion. We just took the shuttle to Cocoa Beach, $5 a person. My opinion of Cocoa Beach is it's a dirty version of Ocean City (NJ). There were cigarette butts everywhere, this is coming from a smoker! Nassau, we did a Segway excursion through Bahamas Beach and Segway Experience. This is not a ship sponsored excursion. It was a absolute blast! Highly recommend it! Mom crashed, but that's a story for another day. Freeport, we had a very short day at this port. Mom and I got off and did some shopping at the market right in the port area. Although the port is very industrial I would have loved some more time here to explore the island, it seemed much less crowded in comparison to Nassau.

Debarkment: Again easy as can be. We arrived back in Baltimore at 9am and choose to do relaxed debarkment. We were off the ship by 12 and in the car after a short stop with the food police because Mom had an apple.

Final thoughts: I would definitely cruise this ship again. At no time did it seem over crowded, there were plenty of deck chairs available. The weather was decent for cruising out of Baltimore in the winter. That being said I would definitely not cruise in the same cabin with both my mother and my boyfriend again. I felt torn with my time, and they didn't always agree with each other. Just a minor bump on otherwise a great cruise!

Publication Date: 02/07/12