Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by peachcrek

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6A
Cabin Number: R211
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Rates 5+

1/16/2012 ecstacy
we were a group of 9 we had 4 cabins we started out with inside and were quikly upgrades as the cruise got closer, to ocean views due to early saver price's and watching sales in the the months before our cruise.

all in all that was one good thing to start off our vaca. we all decided to fly in one day early. I made all arrangements for our hotel stay we stayed at the country inne suites in port Canaveral they had a shuttle to take us to cruise port at 4.00 per person and a really nice Breakfast included with stay!

It was reasonable price and within walking distance to a buger king, and two family resturants we chose to eat dinner at Kelseys Italian was awesome food was really good and plenty of it you did not leave there Hungry, on our walk back to hotel we stopped at a gas station/mini mart and bought our sodas and our wine to carry on board, very reasonable prices there also.

Embarking was pretty easy I had VIP with my 2 gals so we got right in line and shot right through must remember through if you are together try to stay all together my two friends lagged behind me and I had the boarding pass and did not relize I was way ahead of them and the Carnival rep would not let them pass till they yelled out to me so make sure you all have a copies of your pass. in case you get seperated somehow.

We were on board ship by 12 noon they would not open decks for cabins till 1:00 so the party group with us found a place at the bar and parked there and we all went and got something to eat in shifts as we all had our cases of sodas and carryon stuff that had to be watched.

I had organized a Meet and Greet on C/C for our sea day so I was trying to locate some of the folks we had on the forum but to many people roaming around so gave up, we all finally got settled in our cabins and waited for our luggage to arrive.

WE went to muster and then to dinner and we all were pretty tired My daughter and I came back to my Cabin and started to get the raffle prizes together for the meet And Greet as we had 40 people plus on the forum and about 30 were to show for the meet and greet I had 20 + prizes to give away and we also did a grab bag which was loads of fun for all that particapated in it.

the second day was a seaday and Carnival events was so gracious in letting us use the conference room for our gathering for an hour or maybe even more, I am sure we went over a few minutes we held the raffle met everyone who was on the forum that we had been chatting with for the last 5 months and did the grab bag and then we went our seperate ways.

the 3rd day was Half moon Cay we opted to rent a cabana for the day was awesome we had #8 close to rest rooms in the middle of beach not crowded we had asked for the 4 minimum even tho only 3 of us went in on it it was 200.00 we had enough soda and food (Snacks) we bought tequila with us as we had our own, carnival by the way does have bottle service on board if you do not want to pay high prices for drinks on board and on beach, Bon Voyage dept. handles that we mixed our own Margaritas, they supplied ice, water and soda and fresh fruit and veggie and dips, chips, we did not really go to the buffet on the island as we brought stuff off ship with us to snack on, but they do have a BBQ available Free.

They supply towels and snorkling gear and it was quite nice would do it again!! our second stop was Nassau I have been there several times and really not impressed with the Bahamas we did a beach break at a local hotel it was 50.00 per person all inclusive hotel was not that great but it was fine for us for the day as it was not a very hot day going in jan. is not ideal water conditions so we just ate and drank and laid around in lounge chairs all day.

Our 3rd port was freeport 6 of our group went horse back riding. I stayed on board and started to pack and just hung out on the lido deck people watching, over all it was a relaxing trip and Dinner in Dining room every night was FUN we all sat together and enjoyed our wait staff. this trip on the Ecstasy was far better then my last time on her!! so I give her a thumbs up the second time around.

We are now planning a trip out of new orleans which is my most favorite port for 7 day to Cozumel in FEB 2013 also my fav to visit, this will be my 13th cruise with Carnival I also want to mention that we had 4 Birthdays in our group and I had reached out to John Heald about them and he sent the 4 birthday girls ships on a stick and autograghed photo of Ecstasy to the girls and he also sent me Chocolate covered strawberries thanks again, JOhn

not really impressed with this port been there 3 times once was enough!!

As I did not leave the ship I have nothing to say good or bad!!

Publication Date: 02/07/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by peachcrek
More Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews