Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by rosaq: It was OKAY....

rosaq
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

It was OKAY....

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Just a brief background, my husband and I are in our early 30's with a 3 year old. This is our 6th Cruise. We just wanted to get away and the itinerary fit our schedule. So now let me begin.

PORT: Embarkation
Very organized and efficient! We arrived at 11am and checked in quickly.
We arrived early, so the rooms weren't ready until 1:30pm. Understandable. We toured the ship and had lunch in the Windjammer.

STATEROOM: Small, but it worked. HOWEVER, the shower was unbelievable SMALL. No mini fridge in the room. And NOOOO access to your account on the TV. The stateroom attendant was very attentive. Even though we had a little mishap, he accidentally splattered bleach all over my husband's shorts; he apologized and gave us a bottle of wine. Which we were glad he made the effort.

MAIN DINING ROOM:
Well, were do I begin? The 1st impression the waiters gave us was... overwhelmed! Which surprised us because on prior RCL cruises, we had such outstanding More service. I can't tell how many times I had to remind the assistant waiter, that my 3 year old needed a paper cup, not a glass for his chocolate milk. We don't ask for much, but just a paper cup, please! How about the food? Well, it was mediocre. I wasn't impressed. I just felt that because it was an older ship, they really didn't care much. For RCL, this was very disappointing.

ADVENTURE OCEAN:
My son loved it there! Everyone was so nice and he had a blast! It was outdated and not many toys and play centers, but for my 3 year old it was suffice. They did a lot of coloring, dancing, games, and he had such great memories. GREAT JOB GUYS! Chuck, Kelly, Barbie, and the staff were AWESOME.
Overall SHIP:
The pool deck was nice. The solarium had a heated pool, which was a nice touch. They also have a snack bar with pizza, sandwiches, fries, and hotdogs. In the evening, this is a "THE ONLY" snack you can get. I really wish, RCL would stop being so cheap, and at least give juice that isn't watered down. The Windjammer had okay food for lunch and dinner. Thanks to Vedasto Lagbo for being so attentive to us. Every evening, he went out his way to get us 2 chocolate milks for our son. Not even room service was able to this for us. SO GREAT JOB! But it was so predictable, not much variety. I don't really mind the ship being older, but at least make an effort with the food. The lounges, and main areas were nice and the entertainment was what I expected of RCL, great! They had GREAT entertainment and lounges.

PORTS:

PORT CARNAVAL:
We paid for the shuttle bus to Disney. Spent the day in Magic Kingdom. Pretty crowded, but the weather was great. Pricey, but worth the memories.
KEY WEST:
We did the CONCH train, which was so informative and a nice experience. MUST get a Key Lime Pie and shop around. Beautiful, picturesque place port.
NASSAU:
We stayed on the ship, being that we have been to Atlantis before. But if you are contemplating ATLANTIS, you should go at least once. It was awesome.
COCO CAY:
Our son loved the Adventure Ocean activities, fisher price race track (FREE) and the hammock. The weather was windy, but sunny and great for relaxing.

Disembarkation:
Was super smooth, we walked off with our suitcases.

Overall, we had a nice time relaxing and spending quality family time. We met great people, a few exceptional employees that added to our experience. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 8161

TINY SHOWER. Quiet Location.

(5.5)