Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by babbdawg

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by babbdawg
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: babbdawg
Cruise Date: January 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 08
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Exotic Southern Caribbean on the Lovely Constellation
We had a fun and fantastic cruise /trip! I was sorry to see it end. It was 14 nights but I felt like we were gone 6 weeks, sooooooo relaxing.

Getting off our home island, Vancouver Island, is a pain though, a night in Vancouver, then of course a night in Fort Lauderdale and we got on the ship by 11 am on the 14th. We had a lovely stateroom with loads of space.

Our ship had the Persian Gardens which I have enjoyed before, and Mark and I got the couples pass for the duration of the cruise. There are wet and dry rooms, sauna and turkish and herbal bath rooms and a large relaxation lounge with heated stone benches etc. We did it once or twice a day and it there are aromatherapy and rain forest showers to use. Very pampering.

The ship has an indoor thalossotherapy pool that contains minerals for health and I used it every day as well. We swam daily in the outdoor pools too....we stayed away from the fitness centre this time.I use a treadmill and bike and all the weights and stuff at home,,, We walked the deck, absorbed the sun and swam and danced. The food was top notch in the dining room as well as the buffets and a dandy burger and fries grille at poolside. Yum. I actually allowed myself a daily dessert in the dining room, with three real winners like white chocolate souffle, banana's foster, the best in the world chocolate mouse, and on other nights I chose sugar free ice cream or low fat frozen yogurt. I love all the fresh fruit and I already miss the melons and grapes!

The entertainment was great. I love the Caribbean because you always get a steel drums/Caribbe group. The group on the ship were Flava from St. Vincent, Grenadines, which is near St. Luia. They were awesome and played poolside plus int he Rendez-vous lounge in the evening. Of course there was a "party" band, not my favourite and some other acts. The theatre was good but he highlight was the one woman show by Sue Denning, our fabulous cruise director. She is from Birmingham England and has had a long musical career and was just stunning and performed hits from the 60's did comedy, it was amazing!

The ports were great. We spent the day at the Radisson in Aruba and had use of chairs on the beach, 14 acres of meandering pools, gardens, wild iguana's. cameleon lizards, exotic birds, macaws, parrots, etc. It was so exotic, our first time in Aruba. Curacao was a pretty and quaint place, we just explored and shopped a little and listened to steel drums in the town square. The houses and buildings there are all pastels because years ago the first governor of Curaco suffered migraines and buildings were not allowed to be white! It was also our first time at this port.

We stayed on the ship in Grenada, as did lots of passengers. It is not a nice port, lots of beggars, aggressive vendors and a 50% unemployment rate etc. We enjoyed the Persian Gardens and I had hair and spa treatments that day.

We did a beach break excursion in Barbados, a beach break excursion in St. Lucia, a catamaran sail, swim and snorkel in Antigua (our first time here) and the swimming in Antigua at a practically deserted beach was awesome!

We spent time on the boardwalk and shopped in St. Maarten and visited Great Bay Beach. At St. Thomas we swam at beautiful Megan's Bay and boy was it HOT in these 2 ports.

the 5 sea days were enjoyable, as we love the ambience of the ship experience.

So we were re-visiting some very favourite places. I fell in love with the islands in 2002 when we did our honeymoon. This was our first time there since then. it was very romantic and exotic.

I would have to say this cruise was the best we ever experienced! Was it the cruise director, great Caribbean islands, terrific on board entertainment or the excellent food and wait-team, Victor, Nixon and our Maitre De Zaffer in the San Marco Dining Room that made it so special??? It was ALL of the above.

The ONLY complaint I have is that our room attendant was the worst we had ever had, on any cruise. He was just awful. Maybe if he had folded even ONE towel animal I would have overlooked that lack of attention and service but I doubt it. (Towel animals are never a necessary but they are a nice touch.)

We booked our next cruise while on the ship: a 14 night Southern Caribbean on the Celebrity Eclipse next year. It is the same itinerary but backwards, starting with St. Thomas.

We cannot wait to visit these awesome ports and to sail with Celebrity again!

Publication Date: 02/06/12