Carnival Pride Cruise Review by KayM84: Wonderful winter vacation!

KayM84
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Wonderful winter vacation!

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I have never been on a winter vacation before. When we got back from our cruise in August on RCI, we decided to check Carnival out. At the time they were offering an interior room on the Pride for this date for only $399, so we booked it right away.

Embarktion was quick. We live about 20 minutes from the port, so we arrived around noon. Were on the boat by 1pm. The boat was beautiful, my husband and I liked the theme. The boat was clean and all the staff that we dealt with were super nice.

When we got to Port Canaveral, we got off and they had buses outside lined up. For $10 there was a bus that took you to Cocoa Beach, Walmart, and the Mall. And it came by the stops every half an hour. Cheaper than the excursion on Carnival which was $17 and only took you to the beach. Cocoa beach was beautiful and we rented an umbrella and sat on the beach reading for the afternoon. A bathroom nearby with showers to rinse sand off your feet. Had a great More time.

When we got to Nassau, there were taxi's outside going to the Atlantis for $4 per person, so we went to the Atlantis and got the $120 day pass to do everything. The water park was amazing and the beaches were so beautiful, totally worth the money. The water was a bit chilly but was okay enough for my husband and I to enjoy. We just had the greatest time at the Atlantis. When the sun started to set we headed over to the Straw Market, and since it was starting to close we were able to get some good deals.

In Freeport, we weren't there very long so we just walked around the Straw Market that they had right near the port. Basically the same stuff that was in the market in Nassau.

Overall great trip. No rain, the weather was warm and sunny the whole time. We had a great waiter at dinner. Nothing to complain about during the trip (except maybe the Raven's losing, but that wasn't the Pride's fault!) I could go on and on about how great of a time we had. Couldn't recommend the Pride enough. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Main 4120

We had a room with French Doors (Obstructed View) and it was very roomy and spacious.

Freeport was nice, just wish we were at port longer to perhaps enjoy the beach!
Read 779 Freeport Reviews

(5.5)
Atlantis was amazing!
Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

Cocoa Beach was very nice!