Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by chubert

Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: 4K
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Excitement soon disappointed
A cruise could not have seemed so us, but after the first 4 hours on board that all changed. We were scheduled to leave San Diego at 4 heading to 5 Hawaian Islands 15 day cruise this was a dream (I thought). We did not leave at 4 but at 10:30pm at 8 they were still loading food and the luggage. This of course put us way behind schedule so they had to go much faster then they would have and with the waters a little rough and the speed it was not a good combination.

I had sailed on the carnival spirit 3 other times and on the last cruise in Feb. 2011 the food was great and the shows were good this year the food was not great and in 15 days we had 3 musical show that is so lame. The only activities were crafts and trivia.

The weather on the Islands was beautiful but the 10 sea days were abit chilly they did have one pool covered for swimming but the usual activities seemed to be cut quite abit. They had annouce that we would be the first to beable to experience the spirit out of dry dock so we had new TV's but ours didn't change channels the first 2 days and heard of other who couldnt get theirs to work most of the time. Several of us had problems with our phones working and in several spots the NEW carpet was torn or fraying. The Had 2 new Slides we were looking forward to try this because the water in the pools is warm, but, when we got on they said they still had some minor repairs to make but, assured us we would get to use it by the time we arrived at the Islands. Well today I am sitting in my living room and as far as I know the water slides still are not ready.

The food this time was boring and the usual things like shrimp cocktail, caprese salad, etc. were not offered at all. The drinks were atleast 2 dollars higher even the daily ones. The services were ok but not up to standards we are very upset that the staff did not seem to be trained to give the service that we have had on past cruises and the amenities were not of the quality. I think that the cruise director Stu has been on this ship TOO LONG, he only made appearances at the events at first some of us were wondering if he really was even on the ship.

I am sad that Carnival had pulled out of San Diego next year but,I would never sail on the CARNIVAL SPIRIT again boring and low standards in comparison, I loved the elation much more then this last experience and that is a small ship.

Disappointed Plantium who got a small carnival cooler and stale chocolate as my gift for becoming plantium other wise I would have never even knew I was plantium. SO SAD!

Publication Date: 02/06/12