Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by eastmountain: Epic renewed my faith in NCL

eastmountain
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Epic renewed my faith in NCL

Sail Date: January 2012

We had over 4100 passengers and I did not feel there were that many. There was so much to do for the different age groups. Many were from Canada and over seas. The food was hot and plentiful. Largest portions in the dinning room I have ever seen. Staff was great. Bathrooms are weird on the Epic. Balconies were huge. Now lets talk about the entertainment. Can sum it in one word. WOW! Sign up for the shows before you get on the ship. We did the premium seating for the Circus Dream and dine show. Highly recommend doing this. You are so close to them. At the Lunch Mystery the food was not that great especially when you are paying extra for it. Saw the Captain every where. I even heard he went outside to help people get on their tours.

Tip number 1: go to the Howling at the Moon show first night. It will be packed every show afterwards. Get there early and sit up close. This was an outstanding show.
Tip number 2: Get to the shows 30 to 45 minutes early to get a More really good seat. Everything is first come first served no assigned seating.
Tip number 3: Sign up for the drawing to eat dinner with the Captain.

Hints to the Epic: 1)Place chairs at the entrance to the dinning rooms for those of us with bad backs and can not stand that long to wait for our table, but loved the blinking boxes to tell us our table was ready. 2) Anyway you can put something up to help with the noise level in the dining rooms. The dinning rooms were so loud you had to lean to the person who was talking to you.
3) Walking off with your luggage was a zoo. I know your staff will come up with a way to fix that problem, BUT When our luggage tag color was called we were off the ship waiting for our ride in 10 minutes tops.
Conclusion: We were not planning on sailing on NCL after being on the Sun 24 days in September. We are gold status. Epic turned us around and we had the most wonderful time and plan to book the Epic again. We have already booked the Dawn for September. Hope the Dawn will be as good as the Epic.
Cruise Critic members FYI: There were around 50 CC signed up for the Meet and Great. Around 17 showed up. I was disappointed and I am sure so was the Captain and his top staff, too. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 11 11274

Dining rooms were noisy. Huge balcony. Elevators were very warm and stuffy. Huge amount of storage space - did not even fill everything up.

We did not do a tour but just walked off. Did not like the area we were walking through. Do not know why but I did not feel safe. I am sure if we had gone on a tour to Atlantis we would have loved this port.
Read 2614 Nassau Reviews