Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by hippie7love

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by hippie7love
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: hippie7love
Cruise Date: January 2012
Cabin Category: Q
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Amazing ship!
We live in fort lauderdale, so we did not need to make any pre arrangements. We were a little worried because of a lot of negative reviews we have read regarding service and food aboard liberty. This cruise was my mother, 40, brother, 14, and myself, 20.

We reached the pier around 2pm and there was a huge line. We were surprised that once inside the building, there was a separate line for gold crown and anchor members. We were also surprised to have boarded the ship by 2:30 pm.

Right after we boarded we headed to the room, which was already ready. We headed for the windjammer for lunch and scouted the ship. We showed for sail away, but for some reason we didn't leave until much later. Also, almost no one was dancing.

Once we met with the room attendant, we had our first glimpse of how service was aboard. Sonia was excellent. I had stated that i have allergies to their detergent, and they ordered me new sheets and pillowcases. She emptied out the mini bar for me, since i needed to put my water bottles for my medication in there. Our room attendant staff, Kurnia and tetiana, were excellent. Best wait staff we had ever had.

The cupcake board had amazing cupcakes! Johnny rocket's had really good food. I don't really eat onion rings, but they were really good. The NY strip steak was really good the fourth night. My brother loved the duck. My mother loved the fish she had the first night. I ate appetizers off the vitality menu every night, and they were delicious. You have to try the fruit soups. Some desserts weren't really good. Some were excellent, like the tiramisu and the chocolate bisque. The cheesecake wasn't that good. My mother and i preferred the one from room service. Room service was really good, except the steak sandwich. Sorrento's had great pizza, as always, and the little desserts they had there were fabulous. The desserts they had at the coffee place didn't look that good.

Disembarkation was really bad, as some have stated. You feel as if you are walking for ever. It is really hot, both inside and out. They only had one fan in the whole building. The only good thing is you can leave the ship anywhere from 730 till 1020 am. Other than that, port of everglades needs to do a better job. I felt like i was going to pass out twice during the whole process. Too hot.

Shows: The welcome aboard show was really good. The comedian was a hoot. The comedian came back for another show late at night and it was hilarious. The second night, we had In the Air. I knew it was sirque de solai style show, but i didn't know it would be that great. Very professional. A lot going on. The third night, they had a variety show with a juggler/comedian. It was really entertaining. Best juggler comedian i have ever seen. The fourth day we went to see the ice show. In my opinion, the ice show on the navigator had more tricks, but this one was still very good. The Russian girl with the hula hoops did an amazing job. That's a hard job to do without skates on! Saturday night fever was the best show. I would have never guessed they would do a full play on stage. They did a great job. Funnest Saturday night fever i have attended.

The ship is in excellent shape. Very clean. The big screen over the pool is really cool. The gym is really big with a steam room in the lockers. The solarium is really nice and relaxing. I loved our experience aboard liberty of the seas. The only thing i did not like is the disembarkation and that the ship was not well ventilated. The air condition was not very good. It was hot, even inside our stateroom and major areas of inside the ship. The only "cool" areas are the sphinx lounge and the ice skating rink.

Publication Date: 02/05/12