Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ruthiegolfgirl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ruthiegolfgirl
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: ruthiegolfgirl
Cruise Date: January 2012
Cabin Category: D7
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Fabulous Ship
I'm going to first start by thanking all the contributors of cruise critic for all their advice which made our trip so much easier and an experience with fewer unpleasant surprises. I will make this review short since the other reviews have really said it all.

This ship has everything and is beyond words.. amazing! I began the trip being very skeptical about the amount of passengers, but never once waited in line at anytime for anything!! We boarded the ship in less than 10 minutes. Our room (11680) was really nice. Lots of hangers too!! The bathroom was great with a nice size shower and bar for ease of shaving our legs ladies! The shampoo/conditioner was fine. I did bring my own hair dryer as others had recommended. The bed was big, soft, and extremely comfortable. The room was very quiet as well. At the end (aft)of 11 and 12 there is a private small deck which overlooks the Aqua theatre. Nice area that most people never find.

The food in the main dining room was great. Chops Restaurant was great. I won't bore you by going over all the restaurants because they were all great!! Do attend the Rita Cantina party and make your reservation ahead of time. It's a riot!! We did, however, avoid the Windjammer as suggested just because I don't like crowds. Our friends ate there and said the food was good. We ate breakfast and lunch a lot at the Solarium. Of course, as you have read, you must have the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe. There is not enough time to eat everywhere!!

The shows are ALL amazing. We were not able to get into the comedy shows. If you follow their rules and make all your reservations ahead of time like they tell you to, your trip will go smoothly, and you will get to enjoy everything and have a wonderful time.

There is not ONE negative thing I could say about this ship or the staff. I WILL say that I would not go on a cruise of this size again as I do not enjoy being with so many people. It's still over 5,000 people. I'm not a big city girl. That is just personal and it has nothing to do with the ship. They handle the amount of people with ease and comfort. Now it's diet time!! One last thing, we used Twin Island Excursions in St. Maarten and they provided a great tour. They have a website.

Publication Date: 02/05/12