Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Fred/Wendy Negron: Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera

Fred/Wendy Negron
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Spirit Mexican Riviera Cruises

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: February 2005
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

This was my Second Cruise on the Spirit, First was out of Miami last year and this one out of San Diego, Both cruises on the same ship were Awesome!

Embarkation: Out of Miami always have their check-in processes on time and easy with no hassles and out of San Diego, Nicely done, over 35 booths open to assist every one checking in and also getting the Sail and Sign pass all done and the processes went so fast.

Cabin: Since we booked TBA like always we get bumped up to a nicer cabin.. last year we scored 7301 a Presidential suite and on this Cruise we scored the 6a, we booked a 4a inside, The 6A we got was a nice large clean cabin with a Door but Obstructed with the Safety boats, no problems, we was still happy. Service from our Cabin Steward was superb!

Dining: Dining was also Great!, Great Staff, Waiter and Asst. Waiter took good care of us, and we sat the furthest from the kitchen, Our food was always hot and was served on time.

LIDO Dining: More Top Deck Lido buffet dining was also great..food hot and always ready with great choices from all types of nations, from Japanese to French styles etc.

Entertainment: I loved the Comedy shows and also the Las Vegas style Production show, We even had a hypnotist named Chuck Milligan, one of the best shows I have ever seen. Entertainment throughout the ship and around the Pool decks was also great.

Fitness and Rec-room: The best I ever seen, awesome workout equipment, they need more Treadmills or keep the ones broken fixed but other then that, its all state of the art.

WARNING: Just stay away from their Seminars on weight loss or anything that say Spa Seminars because they will try to sell you stuff you don't need, Just know that the Company that runs the Spa is not Carnival but some company out of England, and they are very pricey. in fact each year it seems like their prices go up by 100%, you no longer get a descent Massage for a great price. If you do book a Hair up do for the formal nights or even a massage make sure they know ahead what services you intended on getting and what the cost is again because they will add on stuff you didn't need. I've always told Carnival this Spa Company from England make Carnival look bad, but they remain with them. that's all I have to say about the Spa.

Summary: Overall a Great Cruise, no Problems at all, Cruise Director Michael Mullane is to me the Best Cruise Director, I had the privilege to be with him on 3 cruises so far and he gets even better on each cruise. I love to see his wife do more stunts with him on stage, both make a great funny act.

Captain: 2nd Cruise with this Captain,he is one of the greats out at Sea, keeping us very safe from harms way and also keeping the ship stable at all time..

I intend to keep cruising with Carnival, they know what they are doing to keep me and my family happy.

Thanks Less