Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by P191919: Served RAW chicken

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Bahamas Cruises

Served RAW chicken

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

From the beginning, I was not impressed. The embarkation was smooth but it all went downhill from there. Hoping to get a different experience since we have always cruised with Royal in the past we decided to try Norwegian.

The staterooms are passable, a little smaller than royals but it's ok.

The food was not that great, the same food over and over again at the buffet breakfasts and lunches for seven days.... The chocolate buffet was really NOT mpressive at all.

Much more casual atmosphere than royal, people were eating dinner in shorts and baseball caps in the formal dining rooms at night even though apparently it was not allowed.

Entertainment was so so. The comedian JP was a real joke, he was pretty horrible.

Great stirrup cay, captain decided that because of the weather, we couldn't make it in the island, a real disappointment to us, but from what I've read this happens quite often.

Port canaveral BORING

Nassau, beautiful, More nice beach 10 minute walk away called Junkanoo beach, we walked it.

But the worst thing of all was the fact that I was served RAW chicken my last night on board at the Tsar dining room, I was so happy that I cut into my chicken cube because it was completely bloody raw and I could have gotten very very sick. The waiter asked if I wanted another plate, was he serious? I completely lost my appetite and went straight to the director Luisa, she was vey professional and said she would look into it, she offered us a bottle of wine...really? I could have been poisoned, what about if a child had eaten that. I really couldn't believe my eyes.

I will be writing a letter of major complaint to Norwegian and will NEVER be returning with them, ever.

Do yourself a favor cancel your cruise with Norwegian if it's not too late and book with royal Caribbean. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>