MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Graham Moore: 1st and Last with MSC

1st and Last with MSC

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Sailed from Barcelona 22nd January 2012. Lovely clean large ship with great balcony cabin 9056. Great cabin boy Mustafa and Waiter Winda, both excellent. Found most of the staff pretty rude, many in the Bora Bora cafe just barge into you, no communication with you and the Bora Bora food very poor in choice and quality. Decor of Bora Bora very dark walls ,ceiling and dark furniture,dismal!!!

Main dining rooms, tables very close to each other, food from 7 course menu poor even rissotto dishes blobs of soggy rice no presentation,Last 2 nights meat dish cold sliced Turkey and Turkey Escalope!!! No tea or coffee served after dinner. Dining hours very restricted on this ship
Ship photographer ignorant!!! While eating my soup course leaned across me knocking my spoon as I was eating,then moved wine,water bottles and glasses to get his photo and proceeded to replace every one's drink in the wrong place. He then tried to take my photo which I refused and had to tell him forcibly to More go away. A serious concern was every public toilet wash room hot water was always never hot!! I ran the hot taps some times for 2 minutes and never got even warm water. I reported this on my end of cruise report.

Entertainment very Italian not at all to our liking. You pay for everything on this ship even a bottle of water in our cabin on boarding. Everything is also top prices plus the usual 15%.
The charged tips (billed as service charge 7 euro p p p day) I will never do again, I will only tip the people that deserve it. This charged system could be the cause of poor customer attitude. We have cruised extensively and seek to try different cruise lines this MSC line we could not recommend and we will not use again. Graham Moore Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Splendida Review >>

real good historic especially for British

Enjoyed harbour area shops and cafe,s. Good tour on town fun train !!

Only there few hours trip to cheap Medina not for us