Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jandj1224

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jandj1224
Liberty of the Seas
        Under 3 5.0
        3-6 5+
        10-12 2.0

Wonderful trip!
We had a great time on our trip. I have been on several cruises with various cruise lines and this was my first time on a RCCL ship. I will say that the ship itself is amazing. Unlike any other lines that we have cruised. The promenade is really neat. Loved the option of the pizza place and cafe. The pizza place serves the same old pizza as most cruise lines but the atmosphere makes it so much better. Didn't know the cafe served the chocolate croisants till the last morning which is probably a good thing because I would have ate way too many!

We found the staff on the ship especially in the dining room to be phenomenal. They really went above and beyond. We were traveling with 3 children and they kept them entertained at dinner which can be very challenging. They knew our names and would pick us out in the dining room at breakfast to sit at their station. We didn't drink too much. Just occasional drinks at dinner or by the pool. Service was always good and drinks O.K. We did get drinks one night at the wine bar which provided a nice atmosphere for a quiet conversation.

One of the things as compared to other ships was that I found the food, particularly in the buffet to be of a lesser quality then other lines. Everything was fine, just not good. Especially breakfast which is usually my favorite in the buffet, really not good. The only specialty dining we did was Johnny Rockets which was great. We did get ice cream at the specialty shop which was as expected. Prices were around $4/$5 which is similar to a drink and something we were willing to spend on.

We used the childrens club for my 3 yo daughter and she had a great time! She loved going to camp and didn't want to leave. We tried the nursery for my 1 yo daughter and it didn't work out. It was great in there and the workers seemed quite attentive. My daughter is just difficult and not used to being without me. We had an 11 yo who tried camp but because of the lack of kids her age in the program the room went from 6 to 11 and she really just felt to old for the group to enjoy it. She passed on going back.

I felt that the entertainment on the ship was AMAZING! There was just a lack of activities, particularly ones that didn't involve $$. The quality of the shows was great, we did the ice show and the in the air and Really enjoyed both. My husband participated in several of the sports competitions and said they were more enjoyable then most other cruise lines. We all tried the rock climbing, surfing and ice skating. Really unbelievable to be doing these things while out at sea! Also wanted to mention we did that character breakfast, where you see 3 dreamworks characters. Similar to any other character meal. As compared to NCL it was FREE which was great! We watched the Dreamworks parade which was also very cool. We were also able to catch a 3D movie. Very fun! So to sum it up, the quality of the activities was AMAZING!!! But on a daily basis I found few to no things that I wanted to participate in. I'm used to going over the cruise compass and having to choose what to do because there is soo much. Not the case on this cruise.

Overall we had a very enjoyable vacation and a great time! I think we were definitely spoiled by the Ship itself and the quality of the shows and activities. It will be hard going back on the older ships of different lines without all the bells and whistles.

Publication Date: 02/03/12