Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Natasha708

Member Name: Natasha708
Cruise Date: January 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: A4
See More About: Queen Victoria Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Victoria Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Victoria Deck Plans
Queen Victoria Exceeded my expectations!
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to read my review. This is my 31st cruise & second on Cunard. The first was in 1995, Alaska, so it was time to cruise with them again.

Cunard was all I had hoped it would be, and more!

I was hoping the ship would be a bit more classy then, Holland America's Noordam, & it was. I was hoping the food would be a bit better then all the other mid level cruises I have taken, and it was. And I was hoping the staff would be even more friendly and smiling then others,and they were! A +++ to Cunard!

We had an informal meeting of our Cruise Critic group on the first day at sea. We met in the Commodore Club at 11:30 AM. Everyone was wonderful! We enjoyed going around the room, and telling a bit about ourselves. It's wonderful to know you have built in friends and a support group on board! Yay! To Cruise Critic for this great service.

This could get long, so I will try to shorten it a bit.

Food: We ate in the Britannia Dining room for dinner 7 of the 11 nights. The food was always hot, and served extremely promptly, as we had a table for two. I was surprised at how many tables for two there were. We loved this! The head waitress was exceptional. Her name is Mihaela. I told her I had missed the scallops and she had a special meal made just for me that was not on the menu. It was fantastic. The 4 nights we didn't go to the dinning room we went to the starboard side of the lido which as a 10.00 charge for alternative dining.

Bamboo(Asian) is a choice, Coriander(Indian)& Prime(American/Fusion)are offered for 3 nights each. All fantastic, all GREAT service. We wrote in healthy tips, as it was well worth it! Our favorite was the Prime night, with fillets and breaded lobster bites. We also stayed in and had room service one night. They came within 20 minutes every time we called them. The Tempura turkey burger is not to be missed!

The only disappointing area was high(afternoon) tea. We were looking forward to this so much too! We even brought dressy clothes for tea. Cunard allowed shorts and sandals which I was not happy about. They also did not give you a choice for tea. All the tea was already brewed and was English Breakfast tea only. The mini sandwiches were uninteresting and thin, as were the pasties. D minus!

We were in cabin 4180. It was fantastic. It has a double size balcony. We had two lay down chairs on it, three sit up chairs, and a table. There was still plenty of room for walking!

Ports:

We went to St Thomas, 4th time there, Antigua 3rd time there, Grenada first time there and Bonaire 24th day there. Also went through the Panama canal into Gatun Lake and out. Several things to say about each one. But, maybe too much to type. If you want more info, free free to email me. I'm Natasha708@aol.com

Publication Date: 02/03/12