Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by dander565duff

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by dander565duff
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: dander565duff
Cruise Date: January 2012
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Rates 5+

'What a wonderful experience!!!!
Embarking was smooth and quick. We went up to the Oceanview Buffet for lunch arriving about 12:30 This was the only time it was difficult getting a table which was frustrating. I had some anxiety about the cruise because of possible seas sickness... I was ready with the bands but used them only the first day.

I guess many veterans said this a rough voyage as we had 65 mile per/hr winds. At about 2:00 pm we were able to get into our cabins. We had a inner room with no window so we never really knew the time ( but I have my own built in clock). We enjoyed an early rise and a workout. The fitness center was very crowded but we worked our way around ok. The fitness center was very spacious but hard to get a cardio machine. In addition, I enjoyed the track up on the 14th floor.

The buffet was vast with a variety of delicious food... incl fruits and salads. It was delicious. It was easy to find a table and meet people from all over the world. The 4-5 course European style dinner was superb. I can't say enough about the professional wait staff and "maitre D.. Pancheo and Djordie". They were patient,very knowledgeable and always accommodating.

My wife and I enjoyed the pool area and activities esp the "volley ball tournament" with the staff playing. There were many available chairs and areas to relax... great hot tub to relax in. The glass blowing was amazing with pieces being auctioned off for charity at the end.

The entertainment was Vegas like... singing, dancing, circus, comedian and magician... each night was delightful. We took in a Family Feud like game show that we thought would be funny but the moderator needs to follow the rules... great questions and laughs. In addition took in a great lecture on Columbus. There was ping pong tables an X-box bowling and other things.

Above all what a relaxing time for fun and sun... great tropical drinks at reasonable prices.

We enjoyed most of our ports.... other than the historic fort San Juan was not my favorite. Things changed as moved to St.Maarten. The only problem was the tendering and rough seas ( I survived) and my wife and I took a taxi to Orient Beach which was in a beautiful setting. Our only problem after only an hr and a half a storm came up so back to shopping on the Danish side.

Finally... one of my dreams was visiting St.Thomas and off we took a breath taking taxi ride up the hills to Maegan's Bay.... we had a beautiful day and got to jump in the surf with great water.... wish we could have stayed another day.

There were two formals and a delightful Captain that we saw a lot incl playing the guitar and singing. They had a fantastic "Top Notch" band with a beautiful voice in the lead singer as the floor was full with dancing and great fun. There was a '60's night with a tribute to the Beatles that was very funny along with a hilarious dance competition incl the staff.

I could not say enough about such an enjoyable and "class act job" the whole crew did for everyone on board. It will be a life time memorable experience.

Thanks "Celebrity Solstice" staff... your top notch.

Our cabin was maticulously prepared for us each day by Ronald and his assistant. A piece of candy on top of the turned down covers greated us as we turned in for the evening.

Publication Date: 02/03/12