Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by dahlia doll

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by dahlia doll
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: dahlia doll
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Great Improvement
This is my first review, so bear with me.Last year was the first time we cruised on the Celebrity Solstice. It was a disaster. My father took six of us to celebrate his 92 birthday. He wrote to complain that there weren't enough activities. The shows were terrible and one of us came down with the Norvo virus. They even had to close the library and stop all self service.

This year, on his 93 birthday, was a wonderful improvement. The shows for the most part were top notch. There were activities going on almost hourly.Lectures, ping pong tournaments, golf tournaments, and various other games.

I had been to the ports several times before so I really can't comment on the current tours.The other passengers seemed to be pleased with the offerings.We did have fun at Senor Frogs.

The front desk people were very helpful when my father left his carry on bag on the wheelchair that was used to take him on board. They kept checking and even offered to call his pharmacy for his medications. Fortunately they found it. When the dining room staff delivered a chocolate birthday cake in error they insisted upon giving him a strawberry shortcake the next night (the best ever). The staff couldn't have been nicer.

Embarkation was a breeze but disembarkation was a nightmare due to only 4 custom agents. It was a madhouse during which the celebrity bag tore and I lost my medication and one of my shoes. The pushing and shoving made it impossible to retrieve them.

I have cruised on Princess,NCL,Holland America and RCL, Celebrity has been the best.

Publication Date: 02/03/12