Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by weisbaden: Great Ship-Great Trip

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great Ship-Great Trip

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We cruised the Oasis on Jan 14-21 2012 and had our reservations about the size and amount of people. No worries I never felt I was around 6000 people at any time.

Show: Were awesome, loved the Headliner Texas Tenors, loved Oasis of Dreams, loved loved the comedy show. We only saw the three but heard others talk about other shows and never heard a complaint one on the entertainment.

Embarkation: Was smooth as glass boarded approx at noon, our room was ready by 1:00 and luggage was waiting outside the room by 3:00.

Ports of Call

Nassau, been to the Bahamas before and just went to Senior Frogs for t shirts. Were not in the port long enough to feel comfortable about booking a tour.

St Thomas, was our favorite. Ship had some engine problems and we got into port late, had a tour booked with big blue excursions and was easy to get everything worked out and worth the money paid. I had seen things I would have never seen if I had stayed in town. This More port is worth spreading your wings and touring the islands.

St Martin, beautiful, we did the shopping thing with use of water taxi and enjoyed our afternoon.

Food, was good, ate at the famous roast beef sandwich which was good, hubby did like the roast beef but not the rolls it came on. Salad bar was fantastic.
Did main dining room every night, food was OK, remember Royal several years ago and was blown away then but not so now. Did Windjammer once and glad I did not go back.

Staff, our state room attendant was great, if you are lucky enough to get Anthony on the 12Th floor you will not be disappointed. Wait staff was fun and friendly, if you are lucky enough to have Alma and Luis please tell them hi from me.

Room, was great we had started out on the 7Th floor aft and received an upgrade to room 12172, this room was handicap accessible and a little bigger than your average room, bathroom had walk in shower. Bed was by the bathroom but did not matter. Balcony was nice and never had any noise or obstructions.

Disembark, was easy, we did it first thing in the morning to catch an early flight, no problems what so ever, just didn't want to leave the ship.

Would I do Oasis again, yes probably, cost is a little more but I think well worth it. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 12172

Cabin: 12172 forward handicap accessible Walk in shower in bathroom with plenty of room. Bed by bathroom, but not a problem. Wish bathroom had electrical outlet, outlets under mirror on vanity. Plenty of storage, suitcases (3) fit under bed. Balcony was wonderful, plenty of room for two chairs and a table, was able to move them around. View was not obstructed, no noise and felt no movement, one night had a lot of wave and everyone felt it, but not bad. Close to elevator. Never heard our neighbors and they had small children or any hall noise.

Beautiful Island, we just did some shopping, ship was not there long and did not feel comfortable about booking an excursion
Read 2625 Nassau Reviews

We only shopped this port, island beautiful and people very friendly. I recommend using the water taxi, because it so easy and affordable.

Jet Boat Ride

(5.5)
Best stop we had, Capt Mindy was great, made sure our day was always memorable. Next cruise we take, we want St Thomas and Capt Mindy to be part of it.