Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Engine643

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Engine643
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: Engine643
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

No worries, Adventure of the Seas is just fine!
This is our 6Th cruise and our friends who traveled with us was their 3rd. We flew out of Newark and stayed at the Newark Wyndham Garden which I highly recommend for a Park and Fly Hotel. Left on Friday morning and arrived in San Juan at Approx 2PM. Stayed at the Intercontinental and would absolutely stay here again without hesitation.

Checked out on Sunday morning to a waiting cab and arrived at the Port at 10:30 where we had to wait in line to drop our luggage off until about 11:30. Than off to another line and waited there until about 12 and were allowed inside where we were checked in within about 10 minutes or so. We were then escorted to a row of chairs where we had to wait until approx. 1PM and were allowed to proceed towards the ship. Of course there was a long line waiting to get on the ship but it moved fairly quickly and by 1:30 we were on the ship.

We went up to the Windjammer and had a quick lunch. I tried the Honey Stung Chicken that everybody raves about and found it to be nothing special.

After lunch we were able to gain access to our Stateroom. We were in cabin # 8322 which was on the hump. We absolutely loved the location of this cabin and would love to score another hump cabin in the future. Our cabin attendant was a young man named IMade. He did a good job throughout the week and we had no complaints about the quality of his work.

Ron Holmes was our Captain and Richard Spacey was our Cruise Director. Spacey was the best Cruise Director that we have ever had and he had us laughing all week long. The Love and Marriage Show and Quest were hilarious and not to be missed.

We went to all of the shows and were fortunate to be able to see a Beatles band called the Revolution. The Ships singers and dancers did a great job and enjoyed watching them perform. As for the Comedians, they were not very good. Tim Jones performed on the first night and I can't remember the other but he was from Canada.

We were going to find a beach in St. Croix to go to but was too expensive to get to a nice beach. Don't waste your time on the beach next to the ship. Sand was crappy and there were a lot of rocks in the water.

Went to Rodney Bay in St. Lucia and this was a nicer beach. The surf was rough that day and we grabbed a taxi at the pier for I think 4 bucks a person.

Antigua we did the Highlights tour thru the ship and we were very happy with this tour. Got to see some beautiful scenery including Nelson's Dockyard. Would have been nice to spend more time there but we did enjoy.

Barbados we got a cab to the Boatyard where I found this to be one of the nicest beaches I have ever been on. The sand was beautiful and the water was crystal clear. Cost was 12 bucks per person which included (2) chairs and an umbrella plus a drink from the bar. Also included a taxi back to the ship which would have worked for us but we ended up getting a flat tire on the way back. We ended up walking about a mile back but was not a big deal.

We ate at Johnny Rockets on e night and enjoyed this. Was something different and the milkshakes were awesome. Cost is 4.95 person plus will cost you extra for any drinks or shakes you want. The cover charge includes all the food you want and dessert. Had an Oreo sundae and my DW had the apple pie which she raved about. Regina from Brazil was our waitress and she did a great job.

The Main Dining room was good throughout the week, however I was not impressed with our wait staff. Suherman was our waiters name, and can't remember the Asst. waiter. They were probably the worst of all of our cruises that we ever had.

All in all we had a great week on the Adventure and left with many memories. I will say that the Ship is in good shape and don't believe the people who are saying she isn't. I would definitely go on her again. The worst thing that I saw was the miniature golf course was in need of major repairs to the carpet. I say don't let little things bother you, I am on vacation and refuse to stress over things that I cannot control.

Debarkation was a breeze. Left the ship at 9:30 and was at the Airport by 10:15. Don't forget to go thru the Ag Inspection before getting in line for your Airline.

Publication Date: 02/02/12