Crown Princess Cruise Review by aannyyaavv

Crown Princess
Member Name: aannyyaavv
Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: BG
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A great cruise and a beautiful ship.
When I booked this cruise, I didn't expect too much of the Crown Princess. Mainly because of a lack of photos on the web and poor reviews of cruise critic. I was surprised at how gorgeous the ship was.

Staterooms: we booked a verandah stateroom, and the room itself was rather spacious. There was ample storage space and the balcony provided beautiful views of the ocean and the islands at which we docked. The rooms were clean, well kept, and the cabin stewards were very friendly.

Public rooms: one of my favourite features on this ship was movies under the stars. They show great movies every night, but sadly we were only able to attend one. There are also blankets and popcorn available. The main dining rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated, we booked the late night seating, which was nice. There are two pool decks and lots of deck chairs, so it is relatively easy to find a spot to relax.

Food: the food onboard the Crown is delicious. I really enjoyed the buffet, which is huge and provides a wide variety of different kinds of foods. There never really seemed to be a long line up. Dinner onboard was sublime. I would recommend the flour less chocolate cake, which is delicious.

Service: the crew onboard the ship are all very polite and friendly, no one was ever rude to us and our waiters especially provided excellent service.

The Crown Princess is a beautiful ship, there is a lot to do, and we really enjoyed the trip. This is a great ship, and I would highly recommend it. Embarkation and debarkation were also a lot faster than on Holland America, where it was very chaotic and confusing.

Publication Date: 02/02/12