Crown Princess Cruise Review by aannyyaavv: A great cruise and a beautiful ship.

aannyyaavv
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

A great cruise and a beautiful ship.

Sail Date: December 2011

When I booked this cruise, I didn't expect too much of the Crown Princess. Mainly because of a lack of photos on the web and poor reviews of cruise critic. I was surprised at how gorgeous the ship was.

Staterooms: we booked a verandah stateroom, and the room itself was rather spacious. There was ample storage space and the balcony provided beautiful views of the ocean and the islands at which we docked. The rooms were clean, well kept, and the cabin stewards were very friendly.

Public rooms: one of my favourite features on this ship was movies under the stars. They show great movies every night, but sadly we were only able to attend one. There are also blankets and popcorn available. The main dining rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated, we booked the late night seating, which was nice. There are two pool decks and lots of deck chairs, so it is relatively easy to find a spot to relax.

Food: the food onboard the Crown is delicious. I really enjoyed the More buffet, which is huge and provides a wide variety of different kinds of foods. There never really seemed to be a long line up. Dinner onboard was sublime. I would recommend the flour less chocolate cake, which is delicious.

Service: the crew onboard the ship are all very polite and friendly, no one was ever rude to us and our waiters especially provided excellent service.

The Crown Princess is a beautiful ship, there is a lot to do, and we really enjoyed the trip. This is a great ship, and I would highly recommend it. Embarkation and debarkation were also a lot faster than on Holland America, where it was very chaotic and confusing. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald

We spent the day in Cozumel walking around town. We took a cab and enjoyed checking out the shops. It is a lot of fun but I wouldn't like to visit again in the future.
Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

This was our first visit to grand cayman, and it was very rainy and stormy. The ocean was too rough for swimming. The taxi driver dropped us off at a very narrow stretch of Seven Mile, and I would recommend going to Palms Beach, which is along seven mile. The beach is wider and there is a much smaller number of people.

This port was highly commercialized, but there is a large beach and you don't even have to leave the port to access it. There are many deck chairs and it was quite crowded. Despite all of this it was still a great beach, but I would recommend leaving the port.
Read 1651 Roatan Reviews