Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by sme: Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: December 2004

WOW. Loved it. I read a few reviews of the ship that scared me, but I was pleasantly surprise to find a wonderful ship and crew. This was the second cruise for my wife and I and will definitely cruise the Triumph again. The ship was clean, beautiful and relatively easy to navigate around despite the size.

We arrived at the Port of Miami about 11am and we on board before 12. They asked us not to go to our rooms before 130, so we took advantage of that time to eat lunch (buffet was open), get acquainted with the ship and otherwise enjoy the spectacular views of Miami.

Our Port of call were great. We absolutely loved Cozumel. We went to the Tulum Ruins and would recommend them to everyone! Grand Cayman still shows the devastating effect of the 2004 hurricane season, but was still a great stop. We went on an island tour that included the Turtle Farm (cool!), Hell (waste of time) and the StingRays(cool.) There was a problem with the trip to Sting Ray city because the More water was quite rough. 5-10 on the trip didn't get into the water with the Rays because the waves were high, 6-9 feet. My wife dint go in and she was bummed. Ocho Rios is hard to judge because we didn't do much on the Island. The rough seas of the day before around GC, made my wife queasy. We had a tour booked with Lafayette and I got off the ship to tell him we wouldn't be going and her was very understanding.

On board, we had a ball. Cruise Director Marc Price was a riot. His re-enactment of Robin Hood was one of the funniest skits I have ever seen. The cruise entertainment staff was top notch. The acts brought on were great, with the exception of a Motown lounge singer (waste of time.)

Our food was as expected, great. They served dinner a little slow, but it was always hot when it arrived. The ala Carte desserts at the coffee shop were some of the best I have eaten.

Overall this was a great cruise. We will be travelling with our kids next time, because of the fun we saw others having on board. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>