Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by jja: Great getaway!

jja
Member Since 2006

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great getaway!

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

I booked a last minute cruise for 4 nights on the Jewel. I have been on several cruises, but I have to say, this was one of my favorites because of the ship and the staff on the ship. I have never stayed in a cabin that did not have a balcony so I was a little nervous. I ended up with 2 cabins on the 4th deck, one interior and one oceanview. After this cruise, I will definitely consider those rooms again. the window was huge and the location of the room was right down the hall from the Centrum, the internet cafe, guest relations, and the dining room.

On this ship, so much happens in the Centrum. There was always something going on when we passed through. the ship is mid sized and very easy to get around. I didn't feel like I was always walking from one end to the other looking for things. It's very compact and easy to navigate. Some of the best views were outside of the elevators. They were glass doors, glass shafts and looked out big glass walls onto the ocean! More Fabulous.

Our stateroom attendants, Bernadette and Kevin (we had a different one in each cabin) were fantastic and should not go unnoticed (already wrote to Royal Caribbean). The activities staff were amazing. Carley B, Becca, Becky and James were always outgoing and welcoming to all.

The food in the dining room was some of the best I have had on any cruise. Our waiter Arnold was great! Captain James was visible everywhere on the ship. I have never been on a cruise where the Captain was such a part of the passengers. It appeared that everyone loves there jobs and they have a great leader at the helm.

I will definitely look for itineraries on this ship in the future! Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2

4046 Oceanview Cabin. LOVE this cabin! It was close to the Centrum and the hub of everything on the ship. Large window to see out of. LOVE that the beds were coming out from below the window facing a different direction than in normal cabins that we have stayed in. I didn't feel the rocking of the ship as much with the beds facing this direction. Big plus if you ask me! typical size bathroom. 4049 Interior Cabin. This was diagonal from 4046. Beds of the same set up in this cabin. Loved it. they were not in the middle of the cabin that you had to walk around. Great location too..steps from the Centrum, internet cafe, dining room and guest relations.

Dune Buggy

(5)
Great tour with Omar. We rented convertible bugs with him and he took us around the island. We snorkeled, swam, visited a village and had a homemade lunch. Would definitely recommend him and the tour. Would also do it again!