Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by jja

Member Name: jja
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great getaway!
I booked a last minute cruise for 4 nights on the Jewel. I have been on several cruises, but I have to say, this was one of my favorites because of the ship and the staff on the ship. I have never stayed in a cabin that did not have a balcony so I was a little nervous. I ended up with 2 cabins on the 4th deck, one interior and one oceanview. After this cruise, I will definitely consider those rooms again. the window was huge and the location of the room was right down the hall from the Centrum, the internet cafe, guest relations, and the dining room.

On this ship, so much happens in the Centrum. There was always something going on when we passed through. the ship is mid sized and very easy to get around. I didn't feel like I was always walking from one end to the other looking for things. It's very compact and easy to navigate. Some of the best views were outside of the elevators. They were glass doors, glass shafts and looked out big glass walls onto the ocean! Fabulous.

Our stateroom attendants, Bernadette and Kevin (we had a different one in each cabin) were fantastic and should not go unnoticed (already wrote to Royal Caribbean). The activities staff were amazing. Carley B, Becca, Becky and James were always outgoing and welcoming to all.

The food in the dining room was some of the best I have had on any cruise. Our waiter Arnold was great! Captain James was visible everywhere on the ship. I have never been on a cruise where the Captain was such a part of the passengers. It appeared that everyone loves there jobs and they have a great leader at the helm.

I will definitely look for itineraries on this ship in the future!

Publication Date: 02/02/12