Carnival Glory Cruise Review by manny123: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I just got back from sailing on Carnival Glory to the Western Caribbean on 2/26. I am a 16 year old girl so remember that this is from a kid's perspective. I have been on two other Royal Caribbean cruises but this is my first on Carnival. We were the last bus to arrive at the ship, so all our paperwork was done on the bus and there were no lines at all to wait in which was great. Less than an hour later we were moving.

We had an inside room it was nothing great but for the amount of time that you're in there it is fine.

We had dinner in the Platinum dining room and our waiters were excellent. They were always doing whatever they could to help you. We sat with another family and we had a great time with them. I went to the teen club Ultraviolet on that night and met other people my age. If you have kids you should tell them to go out to the activities they have for them because you meet a lot of great people and will have a lot of fun.

The second day we More went to Key West, we had to take the trolley/train into town since we stopped at the naval base which took around 15 minutes. There's not that much in Key West besides some shopping. We got back on and the next day was an at sea day, but it was cloudy and chilly, so all of the activities had to be cancelled and most people just hung out inside.

In Belize it is really poor and there is very little shopping or much else to do, but everywhere you go people want to take you for a taxi ride around Belize City. We took one guy up and he took us around for about an hour. It was very interesting to see how they live down there. He took us to meet his kids, to see the rich area of town, and also the poorest part of town which are little shacks. Down there it is $8 for a gallon of gas and this is for people that can barely afford to live. Our taxi ride cost $30 and it was definitely worth it. It is amazing to see how happy the people are there even though they are so poor, if you get the chance just to talk to some people there do it, they are the nicest people. It was still cloudy that day so it was another day not laying in the sun but staying inside once on the ship.

The next day was Cozumel. There were around seven or eight other ship in port that day so Cozumel was pretty crowded but we took a taxi into town and shopped around, nothing that exciting just a lot of guys trying to get you to buy there stuff. The next day was Progresso, Mexico. We went to the beach since it was finally nice out and just sat in the sun for awhile, but there were always people bugging you and walking up to you trying to get you to buy their stuff. You had to pretend you were asleep so you wouldn't be bugged.

The next day was our final at sea day and once again it was cloudy out. People still seemed to be having a great time inside.

For the entertainment, I went to a few of the shows, the magician was all right it was more of a dancing show with a little magic in it. The comedian I went to was Percy, I went to his R-rated show and family show they were both great. His R-rated show wasn't even that dirty because he does not swear at all in any of his shows. I did not go to the other two comedians but i heard they were great. I went to the two dancing shows. The one that was like Living In America was all right since it had a theme, but the other one, that I don't remember the name, was horrible. The dancers and singers aren't that good and it had no theme at all.

The food was pretty good. I went to the dining room every night and sometimes I wouldn't like anything on the menu since a lot of things are weird my waiter would just get me something that I liked which was great, but there were also a bunch of other places on board to eat. The deli is great for sandwiches and they also have great pizza, fries, burgers, and chicken.

The kids program was excellent, we had the greatest counselor, Abra, who always wanted us to have a great time. I love talking to the crew about their lives, it is very interesting to listen to who these people are, they are all so great and just their to help make your vacation the best it can be. Overall my trip was great and I wish I was still there today. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>