“Fred Oulsen - Braemar St Petersburg”
Cruise review of Fred. Olsen Braemar

Mike Braemar 5 Fred Oulsen - Braemar St Petersburg
Mike
Member Since 2000
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
As this was our first cruise I had nothing to judge it against. We were both somewhat dubious what to expect as my wife and I both like to relax on holiday but like to 'dress up' for formal occasions. It turned out that cruising was the idea option. Boarding Embarkation at Dover was extremely easy. Hardly any wait time and were kept informed about what to do and what was happening. As soon as we reached our room suitcases arrived. Room The room was very comfortable if what 'snug'. A large, uninterrupted view, window was an unexpected bonus. When booking always check what your view will be. Single beds very comfortable. Bathroom, again snug, but clean and functional. I would not describe the accommodation as luxury but certainly comfortable. Ship Staff The ship's staff were always very friendly and accommodating. Food Food, in my humble opinion, was very good. Several seasoned passengers thought it was not up to the standard of lines such as P&O but we both thought it was very good - excellent. Would definitely rate at 4* Entertainment Probably the poorest part of the cruise. The lounge is very small, furniture unsuitable and uncomfortable. Entertainers were of holiday camp standard - certainly not West End! Excursions Due to the size of the ship our mooring points were always within easy walk of the nearest town. We saved a lot of money by going D.I.Y. They only excursions were in St Petersburg. Disembarkation As easy as boarding. A half hour wait in a lounge but once moving, very quick and the collection of luggage was very slick Overall An excellent introduction to cruising and extremely good value for money
Braemar Cruises to the Baltic Sea
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Twin Outside

B
B - Superior Outside Cabin. Comfortable but not spacious. Very good view but similar cabins had restricted views. Hallway very quiet, our locations are near engine shafts and seemed noisy.

A beautiful town. Two nights are an absolute must and then you still will not see everything. Ships tours are not cheap but are extremely well organised. As this is the only stop were you need to buy excursions it is worth 'splashing' out. How often will you return?
Published 02/01/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Braemar Review
Braemar Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?