Carnival Pride Cruise Review by stevensoap

Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 7A

A Little Disappointing
Well at $479 per person the price was right. Four of us signed up. My 60th birthday! We had side by side cabins and the balconies joined after we asked to have the divider opened. (they only do a limited number of these "openings").

The Port of Baltimore runs a class operation. I felt like they processed the crowd very well. The boarding went quickly and we were all directed to deck 9 to have a Buffet Lunch. What a zoo! Maybe if it weren't so cold more folks would have migrated to the covered pool area sooner. We eventually made our way there and stayed there during the sail away. Nice view of the Key Bridge. Our cabins were ready at 2:30 and we quickly dumped our carry-on and went back for sail away.

When I entered this ship for the first time I immediately though about Captain Nemo and the Nautilus. The decor just looked that way to me. If Carnival hasn't done it already they need to have a BIG TOGA PARTY as an all night event on every sailing. What a setting. It reminded me of an Art Museum.

The worst part. I am not going to name names here but...

As I said we had side by side cabins. Well as it turned out we also had different room stewards. We were "on the dividing line. I, well up until now, have always given my steward a $50 tip when we meet and promise another $50 if he does a good job. (I tip individuals that I choose and have the cruise line take the automatic tip off my bill) Well my steward didn't get the last 50 and he changed my policy. The first night we came back from the show our neighbors had chocolates and turn down service with a towel animal and a copy of tomorrows event planner. We had none. Next door's steward seemed to be "in sight" every time I/we opened the door and looked in the hallway. He had "my guy" come in and he asked "Do you want turn down service?". I said yes and he said he would be right back. Some other little guy came back in a few minutes and turned the bed down but still no chocolates and no towel animal or paper.

From that night on everything was ok but we always used the "guy next door" when we needed ice and such.

Nuff said there.

Room service selection seriously lacking.

Breakfast in room selections are limited also (compared to the other lines I have used)

I thought drinks were way over priced. I drink Crown Royal and water. Single $7.50. A round of doubles (2) was about $28. (Bacardi and diet coke and Crown Royal doubles)

There's an "Available every day" menu in the MDR. The same food that is served in the MDR is also served on the Buffet. The "Everyday" selection are not available at the buffet. Pizza is always available 24/7. The burger and hotdog/chicken nugget fries service has some select hours that I never did get down.

Portions in the MDR were small. We had Prime Rib one night and asked if we could get Lobster tails and were told yes. We were served the Prime Rib and when we were done with that plate another entire meal plate with the Lobster Tail and sides was brought. (seemed wasteful)

Well the Port of Baltimore was impressive on the disembarkation also. We had to vacate our cabins at 8:30 AM and were served the buffet breakfast (deck 9) while we waited to be called to get off. We got called about 11:45 (we were group 20)and were processed off and in the car in 25 minutes. Very smooth operation at the port building.

This was my third cruise. I have not been on a bad cruise but this one would be number 3 on my list.

Entertainment was weak. Comedians were better as time went on. The back up band is very good as well as the fellow who plays piano in the "Ivory Bar"!

I sure wish one of the cruise lines out of Baltimore would add some varied itineraries!

Publication Date: 01/31/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by stevensoap
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews