Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by KEENE NH Cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by KEENE NH Cruiser
Freedom of the Seas
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
        10-12 5+
        16+ 5+

Freedom takes the cake for overall cruise experience
I have previously cruised on Oasis. And loved it. But Freedom is such a better experience. I brought my husband and 2 kids on their first cruise, and it was great. The only small disappointment was that when I booked it through Royal Caribbean over the phone, I was planning on us all cramming in the same stateroom. The guy who made my reservation suggested 2 adjoining staterooms, and the price difference was manageable so we went for it. However, our rooms, 6665 & 6663, were not adjoining. My kids are 12 and 16, so it worked out okay, just a little inconvenient to not have access to their room without going into the hall. Each room had a different room steward. The kids had Lincoln, who was awesome. We never caught sight of our room steward at all, but he/she kept the room clean, so it was fine.

The rooms were great, the 6th floor aft was great in relation to the promenade and elevators. Very quiet. The check in process was effortless. The ship was not as jaw-droppingly gorgeous as Oasis, but it was SO MUCH LESS CROWDED it was worth the loss of Central Park. We had no crowd issues at all. Windjammer was easy to get a table, the shows were easy to get into, Sorrento's was always available, etc. Everything was just a breeze, even the elevators. We did the main dining room every night, and our waiter Tyrone was a delight, as was assistant waiter Celestain. The food was great, and the service was impeccable. My 12 year old son is a notoriously picky eater, and both waiters bent over backward to get him to try new things.

Labadee was our favorite port, we relaxed on the beach all day long. The kids swam with dolphins in Cozumel, we snorkeled and swam with stingrays on Grand Cayman, and shopped will we dropped in Falmouth. The weather was perfect and we loved every minute of it.

We booked our next cruise for next January, and will quadruple check our adjoining room situation....

Publication Date: 01/31/12