Carnival Pride Cruise Review by mppd20: Awesome Cruise, warm weather, great experience

Carnival Pride 5
Member Since 2009
0 Forum Posts

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Awesome Cruise, warm weather, great experience

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was a planned cruise that was booked last year. The reality is, leaving out of Baltimore in January, you should expect it too be cold when you arrive there. Parking at the port was $105. We entered the port and quickly checked in and were on the ship around 12:30. The buffett was open, so we took advantage. Cabin was ready at 2:30. After unpacking, we checked out the ship and found it to be of a very Renaissance design, not for everyone, but interesting to say the least.

The first day at sea was cool, 66 degree's and sunny. People were able to get some sun and the the solarium pool was open, along with the hot tubs. The second day at sea was in the 70's, and the further south we got, the warmer. I considered the sea days very nice and the ride was smooth and not rough at all.

Port Canaveral had many great excursions, we took our 3 year old to Magic Kingdon. We boarded and arrived at the park at opening time, 9am. We spent the day and were able to ride More everything we wanted. We had to be back on the bus by 4:30, by then, we were ready. Temperture was 81 and it was beautiful.

I've been to Nassau, took a walk over to the shops, but been there, done that, Senor Frogs is about the best thing going there for younger crowd. Don't forget your ID when you get off, I was privileged enough to be escorted to the boat by the Bahamian Army because i forgot mine.

I can't figure for the life of me why anyone would stop at Freeport, it's dirty, ugly, and unappealing. Other than the shops right off the ship, owned by the cruise lines, there is not much else to do. Scratch that, Lucaya beach is a short taxi ride, and that is all I would recommend there.

Sea day back to Baltimore was smooth again, no problems. Of course, it was cold, but that is to be expected.

If you have children, take advantage of Camp Carnival, it's free and there are always plenty of other kids and activities to keep your little one occupied.

The food was good, no complaints, even had Lobster one night. The crew kept the ship clean, no dirty dishes laying around, and plenty of disinfecting going on.

The cost savings for me to drive to Baltimore made dealing withe the cold for a day worth it and I would gladly do it again. Less

Published 01/31/12

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 4A1185 Interior

My cabin steward was GEDE, and he knew our names the first day, cabin 1185 was always spotless. Great service.

Skip X