Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by raysmithva

Member Name: raysmithva
Cruise Date: October 2011
Cabin Category: 6A

Nude charter cruise
The first stop was Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, where we had the beach all to ourselves for a wonderful day sunbathing and swimming naked. I don't like Half Moon Cay as much as RCL/Celebrity's Coco Cay, but being naked all day makes everything nice.

The main focus of this cruise was our next stop--the annual Fantasy Fest event in Key West. We sailed in naked all the way to the in-town dock, passing another Carnival ship at the naval station dock as we came in. We spent about 33 hours in port, arriving at 4:30 p.m. on Friday and departing at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday. Passengers could come and go from the ship all night on Friday, all day Saturday, and past midnight Saturday.

The next stop Grand Turk has that beautiful, palm tree-lined beach right at the dock, but some of us turned right leaving the dock and hiked aways up the beach for our own private nude beach.

Many of us nudists enjoy the days at sea much more than port days on a Bare Necessities-chartered cruise because you never have to worry about being dressed except in the main dining room or specialty restaurant. On sea days, deck chairs are at a premium because everyone of every age is sunbathing. One other great thing about these cruises is the total lack of children. This was my fourth nude cruise, which I greatly prefer over a clothed cruise. There is an energy and excitement on board a nude cruise that is like no other.

Of course, we nudists always find it rather sad that so many people focus on what other people look like rather than how they personally would feel being naked. It's quite liberating, especially for women for whom society sets such unrealistic "standards" for appearance.

As for the ship, the only compliment I can give is that it is somewhat less garish than its sister ship the nightmarish Legend. I'm not picky about the food, but it was just adequate. I expected a little more from the main dining room than the Lido buffet, but even the evening meals were tired. But I went for the sun and not the food, so it didn't matter to me.

I only saw our room stewards once or twice. I was surprised they were not as friendly as on previous cruises. Of course, they were female and the nudity might have been too much for them.

Publication Date: 01/28/12