Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by CAF53: Would Do It Again!

CAF53
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Would Do It Again!

Sail Date: January 2012

We just returned from a 7 day cruise to Eastern Caribbean on the Celebrity Eclipse. From the moment we embarked upon the ship, the staff made us feel like Royalty. Embarkation went very smooth but we did have priority check in because we were on the Concierge level. Disembarking was long and tedious. We were all held up by US customs and had to wait for over 30 minutes after we were called to disembark by Celebrity staff before we could actually leave the ship and go through customs.

Our balcony cabin on the concierge level was smaller than we had on the Holland America, however, we had ample space for the two of us. The bed and linens were very comfortable. The bathroom had plenty of room. The shower was large enough to shower without hitting your elbows on the walls. There was even a bar in the shower designed for ease when shaving your legs. Storage in the room was ample. Large Luggage can be placed under the bed because the beds are high enough to store them underneath. More Plenty of hangers in the closet and besides several drawers, there is overhead storage above the bed. The balcony is a bit small but enough room for two people to sit in 2 recliners with a table between them.

Food was very good. I could sit and critique how I would like to see some things done differently with regard to more dining options on the ship that do not cost extra, but that seems to be the newest ways cruise ships are doing things these days to help make additional monies. If they had more free dining area options as opposed to several dining rooms that cost extra to eat, there would be less crowds in the free dining areas or need for being rushed through the dining hours to accommodate diners on the later seating.

Shore excursions to the Caribbean beaches and the pools on the ship would have been much nicer if some women would be more considerate of others and keep more of their clothing on. The thong bathing suits were distasteful and I do not appreciate sitting on lounge chairs where woman have their bare bottoms sitting on the cushions without towels on cushions. This is unhealthy and very dirty in my opinion. Unappealing to view anatomy of such. One woman had the nerve to eat in the Ocean view cafe like this and I was disturbed when they did not ask her to leave the cafe or put more clothes on. Health Risk! I think I would do much better on a cruise to Alaska where people keep their clothes on and you don't have to worry about fecal contamination on the chairs.

Overall..the entertainment was satisfactory, and again ALL the staff were phenomenal. I would definitely recommend a Celebrity Cruise. Despite some of my negative comments, I would still provide them with 5 stars because Celebrity is an incredibly clean ship and their staff will do everything they can to make your cruise delightful. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1651

We were on the Concierge Level. Cabins and balconies are small, but comfortable. We did not have any difficulty navigating around the room or bumping into furniture despite the small square footage. I like Celebrity because people are not permitted to smoke on balconies so you can actually enjoy the balcony without having to smell smoke from nearby neighbors. There is a stiff fine for anyone who violates the no smoking policy. There is adequate storage in the room. Plenty of hangers were in our closets. The room has a nice size couch with a small table. There is a safe for valuables. A small desk area with a mirror and chair. Hair dryer was provided. However, if you need your clothes iron, you will have to pay over $3.00 per item just for the pressing. No travel irons are allowed on board.

Parking is easy if you drive your own vehicle. It is directly across from where you board your ship and within easy walking distance. It does cost $20.00 per day in Miami. Embarkation was a breeze and we were on the ship within 15 minutes. Disembarking was longer (30 minutes from the time we were called to leave due to US customs.
Read 163 Miami Reviews