Noordam Cruise Review by Bilyara: Christmas /New Year @sea

Compare Prices on Noordam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Christmas /New Year @sea

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

As an older couple we gave the "kids" 12 months notice that we would be away for Christmas. As Australia is so far away we stopped off at Hawaii, Las Vegas and Jacksonville on the way to Fort Lauderdale. I love Christmas and enjoyed the different way Christmas decorations were presented.

The ship was festively decorated including 30 different trees, snow villages, huge nutcrackers as well as a menorah. Christmas Eve introduced me to eggnog (why didn't I ask for their recipe?) and the wonderful choirs of the Filipino, Malaysian and English speaking crew. Christmas day saw carol singing around the huge Christmas tree that went over 3 decks and the ending with realistic looking snow.The only disappointment was no Christmas cake as we know it in Australia but I settled for plum pudding with brandy sauce for dessert.

New Year's Eve was very festive with the ladies given a coronet in silver and blue with Happy New Year and the gents having a matching top hat. After dinner we More had a quiet time in the crows nest with a guitarist before joining in the New Years Eve ball in the theatre with champagne at midnight.

We were pleasantly surprised by the private island at Half Moon Cay. We were provided with lilos (plastic deck chairs) and beach towels as well as a barbeque meal and you only needed to spend money if you wanted special drinks. Swimming in the crystal clear waters was pure bliss although initially chilly. You could easily walk to the area to see the stingrays. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Cabin review: Noordam Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Upper Promenade 5067

Nice mid ship as I easily become sea sick although I wear sea bands most of the time. Sometimes a little noisy as we were opposite room service galley. Most of the time, in port we were facing away from the port - a good thing in my opinion.