Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Vercat067: Another great cruise on Adventure

Vercat067
Member Since 2008
1,412 Posts

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Another great cruise on Adventure

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: San Juan

Boarding: we got to the pier around noon, dropped our luggage and went to priority line, which was not too long. We were with friends and in the shade so we talked and time passed quickly even though we were all looking forward to board the ship. Doors opened at 1:00 p.m. Once the doors opened it went rather quickly, we were on board by 1:25. All in all, better than I expected considering the horror stories of last few weeks.

Stateroom:: we were able to go to our cabins at 1:30.We had GS 1324, which i consider the best GS on the ship for its location. Our attendant was great, he kept place clean and provided me with anything I requested with a smile.

Cruise director: what a nice surprise....Richard Spacey as the cruise director. We had him on Oasis back in August and I consider him the most entertaining cruise director.

Portofinos: before we boarded, they decided to switch the mystery dinner to the night we had picked....Our group was not happy with that. More Thank God for Dina for fixing this for us and getting us the night we picked as the second best option. Place was packed, service was slow, but with a large table, we were 10, it is to be expected....but a tad too slow.... The only thing i do not like on that ship is the fact that there is only 1 specialty restaurant.

Diamond lounge: exceptional service in the lounge every night and the place was packed.

Concierge: Dina was great. She was able to get us the bridge tour. I wanted my husband to see that.

Excursions: we did not book any with the ship this time.

Dining: they had mixed up our linked reservations but did fix it, so everything worked out fine. Our waiters, were not that great this time around and not memorable, i cannot remember their name. The only one i remember is Igor from the first night and we could not keep him, since they switched us table. he dropped in to say Hi for the rest of the week since he was the table just on the other side of the wall.

Quest: well with Richard Spacey there and the participants....I must say i laughed a lot....never dull these nights!

70s night: I dress up and always have fun!!!!

Miami style deck party: our group had blast there until 2 am!!!!!!

Cafe Promenade: best place for pizza after dancing at Jesters!!! There was only 1 night, they did not have any around 2:30..What????

Condition of the ship: mini- golf....come on, its been a while, get on with it and fix it.....rest, is fine, yes some carpets in some areas are starting to show a bit of wear and tear, but nothing so bad that I really stop and stare.

Getting off the ship: we left at 10:30 and it went quite fast....airport was another story. The line to get to the US Airways counter was half a mile long!!!!!

For us it was a cruise with friends..we had a blast and the week went way too fast!!!!!!! Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 10 1324

Grand suite 1324: love that suite. Great location.. Did not hear any noise from above deck. plenty of storage space. Tv was not working at first but now its fixed. Large deck with table and 2 chairs and one short and long deck chair.

(5.5)
Went to Jolly Beach resort. All inclusive day pass. Well worth it. Our group was impressed by that beach. i would go there again without hesitation.
Read 804 Antigua Reviews

Loved the boatyard.....12$pp for chair, umbrella, 1 drink, wifi and shuttle back to pier. Had a blast there with our friends.
Read 704 Barbados Reviews

Reason i am giving this port of call the highest rating is because of Buck Island. A group of 8 went on the full day sailing with Big Beard and we had so much fun, my jaws are still hurting from laughing so hard. Magical day. For St croix, we will go to Buck Island or will stay on the ship. Compared to the two other beautiful US Virgin Islands, this one does not impress me.

We had to cancel our snorkeling, cuz my husband was not feeling well, so just went around and shopped in the pier area...and drank Piton beers of course!!!!

We have been there many times...and now for us its a beach day...our group headed to Orient beach....always have fun there.