Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by hotelnerd: Quiet Elegance

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Quiet Elegance

Sail Date: January 2012

Our second Regent cruise - both on the navigator in the same suite. This time was as outstanding an experience as the first was a few months ago. I've worked all my life in luxury hotels, mostly in the US. I still work in a nearby Hilton because I enjoy the hospitality business so much.

Navigator provides service and quality in both food and beverage service and in cabin housekeeping that exceeds that available in any of the 19 land based hotels I'm helped run. The ship does things that astound me. I can no longer drink alcohol. After the second night underway, the waiters began to silently remove the wine glasses from my place at the table without being asked. It's open seating so there was no reservation with my name or cabin number on it so that they'd know. They must have passed the word that the old guy with the short hair couldn't drink. It happened in all three restaurants. I still can't believe it.

During the 30 meals we ate on board I saw only one More serving error anywhere within my sight range. One waiter reversed the appetizers for the two ladies at a nearby table. No other mistakes. That's overwhelming.

The suite was large and comfortable. The steward knew when we were out of the room and did his work without ever disturbing us while we were there. He did have trouble remembering to refill the ice bucket when he turned down our bed at night and that's the only error in housekeeping we encountered. The bottle of gin the Regent put in our mini bar got down to the last inch or two and, somehow, was replaced with a new one before I knew my wife needed it.

I couldn't find anything unpleasant anywhere. I can't imagine there are people that do.

We asked for and got a kitchen tour and a bridge tour. That was serious fun for me. We had dinner with the Staff Captain the night following the Costa grounding and got his viewpoint on that event.

The whole cruise was outstanding - we surely hate flying to the departure port and back but once Regent gets you on-board nobody could be unhappy. Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review >>

Cabin review: Seven Seas Navigator 523

We love the heavy drapery that separates the sitting area from the bed area. It's a light and almost sound proof barrier so one of us could watch television while the other got to bed early. It's the next best thing to a two room suite.