“Food glorious food”

Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

As someone who suffers terrible pain through certain foods I was grateful to Anil the Maitre De who ensured my food was prepared totally gluten and lactose free. His staff cooked gluten free cookies and blueberry muffins which was above my expectations. The restaurant staff in the Grand Pacifica restaurant were so attentive and friendly it was a pleasure to be served by them.

The varied selection of food served throughout the ship was plentiful. Ice cream on tap all day.

Communication between all departments was faultless. Even our bottle of champaign managed to find itself to our table no matter which restaurant we ate it.

Our cabin (11004)was spacious light bright clean and comfortable. The soundproofing was very good. We had a mini suite which housed a large bed and a double sofa bed which was really comfy. Room service was efficient as was the Jongie the steward. The full bath was a welcome surprise with plenty of hot water.

*Tip - its worth asking at reception for an upgrade to a mini suite. Some guests only had to pay a supplement of $95. Well worth it.

I loved the sea water pool (heated) and the hot powerful jacuzzis. Great first thing in the morning before they get busy.

*Tip - Dont be a sheep - make the most of meal times at the pool when it goes quiet as most guests follow each other into the restaurants/cafes to eat. Theres no need as foods available all day.

The entertainment was my least fave part of the cruise,other than a show called ELEMENTS which was stunning.

**Points of awareness: 18% surcharge on most purchases (drinks, spa treatments etc); *photographers tripping me up at almost every corner; * There is only a coffee machine and no kettle in the room and so if like me you prefer to drink hot water or tea it can be a faff rinsing the jugs out to remove the taste of coffee.Maybe a mini jug or element would be useful.* Taxi from airport to port (26 euros) is cheaper than transfer - and you dont have to wait around.

Finally. It is not compulsory to pay the automatically added daily gratuities charge. Whilst we found the service faultless, the ship clean and the food wonderful, i personally like the option to choose who and how i tip. I requested half of the amount back, then tipped those i felt made my trip special.

Norwegian Jade Cruises to Canary Islands
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Port

Check in and embarkation was smooth and efficient allowing us time to explore Las Ramblas and Gaudis Parc Guelle which is easily accessible by metro. Be cautious of the cafe/restaurants on Las Ramblas offering menu del dia pr tapas for less than 10 euro. The food is fine, but the cost of drinks is extortionate - 10 euro for a glass of sangris filled mostly with ice

Read 1,365 Barcelona Reviews

Easily accessible by shuttle bus. Open top tour buses 12 euro each. Trip takes either 90 mins (Blue line to fishing village) or 60 (yellow line).
Afternoon tea can be taken 3.30 at reids hotel for 25 euro. No shorts allowed. It is necessary to book.

Published 01/28/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jade Review
Norwegian Jade Cruises to Canary Islands
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?