Celebrity Eclipse 5

“Fantastic cruise and ship”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

buzzandjulie
Member Since 2001
592 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We were part of a wedding and arrived to South Beach the day early. Arrived at the dock by noon and handed our cocktail by 12:20. We were not on the ship 15 mins when my husband had already decided he liked it better than RCI (been on 10). The staff very friendly, ship very clean and everything seemed perfect. Our C2 room 1225 was bright and big enough for 3 adults although the drawer space was tight but we simply put many items in above bed cabinets with little difficulty. The bathroom was bigger than we were used to and I liked the bathmat, extra large towels and supply of cotton balls and tip applicators. We had champagne and fruit waiting for us which was a nice touch. I asked for the canapés to be replaced by cheese and crackers and they arrived each day about 4.
I thought the food was very good infact we only ate 1 night (wedding) at Tunscan Grille every other in main dining room. Our waiter was great and he explained and suggested meals each evening. Daughter More felt the the sommelier was very slow on the draw at her table they felt because they had the drink package he did not really care to wait on them. Complained that several evenings when they ordered a wine bottle no one came to repour, they had to get up and get bottle themselves for other side of room.
I very much liked the brunch on 2nd formal night but I think I planned on breakfast and next time will go for lunch many meats, fishes and soups as well as choc covered fruits.

Entertainment was very good, however having second seating we seemed to miss several shows because they were before dinner . The cruise director was very good, pleasant and actually just stopped to talk to us several times throughout the week.

I don't think the venues for dancing were many, seemed that we found a dance band only twice. I also missed a lounge dedicated to a piano player which seems to be where we end the night on most other cruises.
I could not help compacting this to our other RCI cruises and it certainly got very high marks Less

Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Concierge Class 2

C2
great balcony, nice bathroom with added ammenties. close location to elevator and stairs, too little drawers really could have used a few more but we had 3 adults

Published 01/27/12

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review

Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?