Carnival Magic Cruise Review by leepie: Carnival Magic Family Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Magic Family Cruise

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

We just got back from a 7 day cruise with Carnival Magic out of Galveston, Texas. We cruised to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. Overall, it was a great experience. We traveled with 28 in our group. The boat was beautiful. Rooms were nice and clean. Great beds, pillows, and duvet covers. We loved our balcony. Food was not as great as past cruises, especially in the formal dining area. I thought there menu choices were weak and could have been better.
The Lido deck food, was fine. I especially liked the burrito bar, and all you can eat ice cream, and pizza bar. The lines could be very long at times, and I thought they could of had the buffet bars open for longer period of times. For entertainment, we loved the family comedy hour where we could take all ages. We also loved the huge movie screen out on the Lido deck. It was great to watch movies every night and have popcorn. The movie choices were great as it was appropriate for all ages.

We had a room on the More 10th floor. Great location as it is on the Lido deck where everything is happening. Big closets. Great balcony. Great beds and pillows. Great view. We had a room with a connecting door, and we would not do this again, as we could hear the neighbors, and they were loud. Bathroom was fine, but I did not like the flimsy shower curtain, I prefer the sliding doors.

Our favorite ports were Grand Cayman and Jamaica. In Grand Cayman we used the Sting Ray Sailing company, which we would highly recommend. We loved their catamaran boat, and the sting ray experience was really cool. Jamaica was great, and our teenagers favorite spot. We booked our excursion through Peat Taylor tours. They were so fun and really helped us enjoy our Jamaica experience. We went to Dunn's Falls and the Blue Hole. Everyone loved both spots, but we enjoyed the latter the most because there were no crowds and we had the place to ourselves.

Overall, our cruise was great. One thing to consider when going out of the port in Galveston. It often has dense fog, and you cannot get into port. On our cruise we were supposed to dock at 6am, but we did not get into port till 1 pm. Needless to say, we had to re- book our flights, and this was a headache. If I were to do this cruise again, I would book an evening flight, so the fog would not be a problem. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Lido

We had a room on the 10th floor. Great location as it is on the Lido deck where everything is happening. Big closets. Great balcony. Great beds and pillows. Great view. We had a room with a connecting door, and we would not do this again, as we could hear the neighbors, and they were loud. Bathroom was fine, but I did not like the flimsy shower curtain, I prefer the sliding doors.

(3)
We originally wanted to go to Tulum, but the ferries did not operate at the best times, and getting back to the boat would have been a problem. We went snorkeling and some of us went to an all inclusive place on the beach.

(5)
This was awesome. We loved the catamaran boat and the sting ray experience. We would highly recommend Sting Ray Sailing company. They were great to work with!

(5)
Peat Taylor Tours was excellent. The Dunn's Falls were fun, but be sure to ask about the Blue Hole, as it was our favorite part of the excursion. A private lagoon where our kids did cliff jumping and swung from ropes. SUPER FUN!!!