Disney Dream Cruise Review by Momof3boysnc

16+ 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Truly a dream
My husband and I along with our three children ages 3 5 and 6 decided to give Disney cruise a try considering it was our anniversary and all three kids birthdays in July. I had never been on a cruise and I really expected a boat with a few Disney characters running around.... I was wrong.

We flew from Raleigh nc to Orlando fl and there where we checked in, lines were a little long but it was nothing we couldn't handle. We chose the ground transportation and it was a breeze. Our shuttle took us to the port with no hassle whatsoever. Upon arriving at the port it was still just a little too early but we had time to register our boys for the kids clubs. Which was mostly simple. Then giving a number and allowed to board the ship . Before walking thru the staff offered us family pictures, which I thought was neat. Walking thru you were greated by people who asked your name and announced your family and welcomes you. We were told since it was still a little early to go in our room that we could have lunch in cabanas and offered drinks on top deck. Cabanas is a buffet style restaurant and unlike usual buffets that are tasteless cabanas offered several types of food that could please anyone. After lunch we were able to get settled in our cabin.

Ok I expected a small little room with a little down to walk out on. Our cabin was very clean and nice and pretty good sized. Nothing looked as if it had ever even been used before. We were greeted by our stewardess and he was nothing but wonderful and pleasant at all times. I never had to ask more then once for something needed, everyday when returning to our cabin we bad clean towels and fresh sheets and bedding. Nothing ever out of place. He alone made our stay very enjoyable almost like being at home .

Dinners.... Dinner always offered something new that we had never tried before, somethings were delicious and some were just too much. Our wait staff were perfect and right on time from the very first night. And once they learned our taste dinner time was a breeze.

Breakfast was served in different locations but since cabanas had a breakfast buffet it was fast and easy and my boys couldn't wait to get busy so we ate there each morning. Food was always fresh and you were able to find any breakfast food you wanted.

Also there were poolside grills which had basic kid friendly food like burgers chicken hot dogs etc and my kids always seemed to love grabbing a quick bite from there as did my husband and I .

The self serve drink machines on deck 11 were perfect because you could just grab something at any time. Also the self serve ice cream was a plus for the kids.

Pools were fantastic and the fact they had a pool prefect size for my kids was great. We loved relaxing at night watching Disney movies while in the pool. The aqua duck was so much fun.

Kids only rooms were well supervised and clean. Truly magical experiences for them, I had to force them to leave. But they were nice for the kids especially when the adults wanted to explore adult only areas. One of the areas we fully enjoyed was senses spa. The ladies there were great as were their services.

Adult only pool areas were nice and relaxing my husband and I took our lunch there on one occasion just to sit alone in peace ...

From kids activities , adult activites and family fun this was the perfect cruise, I couldn't have asked for better, unfortunately we did not finish seeing everything therefor we have another cruise with disney dream booked for June 2012 , any family would love this cruise.

Publication Date: 01/25/12