Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Jusdan: Oasis of the Seas - Too Big

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of the Seas - Too Big

Sail Date: January 2012

Hi, I am not a first time cruiser, we have cruised repeatedly with Royal Caribbean, and we love the cruise line and we have been on many of their ships, this was our first time on Oasis of the Seas. This ship is amazing, there is lots to do. The shows were spectacular, my favorite was the Aqua Theatre shows.

The one disappointment on this ship was the service, the staff was as courteous as ever, but I found that the ratio that has been followed on all there previous ships (1 crew to every 2 passengers) was not met on this ship, we found the cabin steward no longer have an assistant, and they do more cabins. The dining room staff was overworked, our waiter had 5 tables to serve and on the nights that everyone showed up, the service was lacking, we had different waiters helping out, one night my husband did not get his meal with the rest of us. Once dinner was served the assistant waiter disappeared, when questioned, the waiter said he had other duties. The tables in the More dining room were very tight, we could barely get to our table and when we did we couldn't pull the chairs out to sit comfortably.

The boardwalk was a favorite place to spend our time, the kids loved the carousel, my husband and kids went rock climbing. They have closed in the ping pong tables so no more lost balls, the teen zone was separate from the adventure ocean which I loved, as the older kids can get rowdy.

Another area where they have made improvements is adding the Photo book that you can customize, all you have to do is take advantage of all the photo ops on the ship and on the last day you pick and choose the photos you want included in your book, this is a great memory. I just wish they would have advertised it more, as we missed on some photo opportunities as well as they have cut offs of when you can take pictures up to, so my husband went zip-lining to add to our album only to find out no more pictures were being processed as it was the last day of our cruise.

They have many speciality restaurants on board, which takes away from the quality of food in the dining room, I found a huge difference from my last cruise in the food quality of the dining room. The price for the cruise has not changed, but now they are adding more speciality restaurants that have additional charges. Johnny Rockets and Seafood Shack pricing is very reasonable, but the 150 Central Park and Chops Grill are extremely expensive and I would not use, as I can go to a steakhouse here at home for much cheaper than they charge on board. I found that Park Cafe was lacking for breakfast, I felt like I was eating at a hotel instead of a cruise ship, the Windjammer is much smaller than on other ships but it was never crowded when we went. They did add a buffet to the dining room for breakfast and this is were we ate most mornings, we were able to order from the menu or from the buffet.

We did take advantage of the iPhones they have on board, at a cost of $30/phone, this came in really handy when my kids wanted to explore and we wanted to go to a show, we could keep track of them and see where they were on the ship as well as call or text them.

The Internet is horrible, we had a hard time getting on, we tried from our laptop as well as from their terminals. Don't rely on Internet access during your trip, I suggest going on shore and using an Internet cafe, it's much cheaper and more reliable. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10 6586

We love Nassau, as that is were we got married, this time around we have family living there, so we spent time with them. We did go on a Sunday, and most places are closed as it's a Christian country. The one place I would say to stay away from is a place called Twin Brothers located in the local Fish Fry, the service was horrible, they gave us a table when the kitchen wasn't even finished preparing. There was 7 people in our party and we got our food served in 15 - 20 minutes increments, my poor son was the last to be served, he ordered pasta with grilled fish. The comment from the waiter was the food was cooked to order, my husband also got the grilled fish, 20 minutes before, so the delay was the pasta.....LOL, pasta takes 15 minutes to cook unless you are in the islands.
Read 2609 Nassau Reviews