Crown Princess Cruise Review by crooooooze: Married at sea on the Crown Princess --New Year 2012

crooooooze
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Married at sea on the Crown Princess --New Year 2012

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We were lucky to have good weather and calm seas for our sailaway on New Year's Eve. The ship was buzzing with excitement and the glitter and glamour began to emerge soon after sailaway. We had booked Anytime Dining and were enjoying a latte in the piazza when we noticed that everyone going into the dining room was dressed to the hilt. We scampered up to our cabin and put on our formal duds and joined the party. We were given party hats and horns as we entered the dining room and the the excitement was contagious. I had pheasant and my fiance had lobster. Both were very good. We lingered over champagne and dessert and joined the party again in the piazza. We stayed for the midnight balloon drop in the atrium and walked up the stairway to enjoy the horns and toasting all the way. We ended up on Lido deck with serpentine and dancing before returning to our cabin. We were right next to the pool, so we sat out on our balcony and enjoyed the party from there. I suppose I should mention More that the Lido cabins near the pool are not the quietest, but we enjoyed the proximity to the pool and the pizza bar (excellent fresh pizza slices all day long).

The next morning, with bleary eyes and a Bloody Mary under our belts, we took the launch over to Princess Cay where Larry went surf fishing and I relaxed on the beach. We returned to the ship for lunch and a meeting with our wedding coordinator. Our wedding was scheduled for the next afternoon, so that evening we were busy getting ready and had pizza and wine on our balcony while we checked email and talked about the big day.

The wedding went off without a hitch. Captain Nash was elegant and invited us up to the bridge. The photographer took us around to some other lovely locations for photos, and everywhere we went, the other passengers applauded. I was really touched by how friendly people throughout the cruise.

That evening we went to the champagne waterfall reception and Captain Nash announced that we had been married that afternoon, so there was more applause. We went to the Crown Grill for dinner and had a beautiful cake that the chef had created using our wedding cake topper. Chocolate with raspberry filling and buttercream icing! We shared it with friends for the rest of the trip.When we returned to our cabin that evening, we had balloons on the mirror and two towel swans on the bed. Our cabin steward (Claudine) went out of her way the whole trip to keep everything in order. I was so grateful to her. She seemed to be there at every hour of the day and night.

We had beautiful weather for the entire trip. We went on the sunset cruise in Curacao and the glass-bottom boat in Aruba. I regret that we didn't get to the aquarium in Aruba, but couldn't fit it in the schedule. We did have a quick rain shower on the glass-bottom boat cruise, but the weather cleared after about ten minutes. The water there is very clear and we could see the wreckage of a ship that was sunk in WWII.

The two days at sea on the return were a welcome rest from all the excitement of the wedding and excursion activity. We really enjoyed the Dutch islands and would love to return to the Southern Caribbean for a longer stay.

I really can't say enough about how well the Customer Relations Manager Joachim Resende and his staff handled our wedding. They made it a perfect day and we are very happy that we chose the Crown Princess and Captain Nash for our "once-in-a-lifetime" wedding cruise. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Caribe L311

Very nice cabin but very close to the pool so the steel drums in the afternoon and dance bands at night could be disturbing to some. Debarcation day, we were awakened at around 6 am by the constant door banging in the hallway. Otherwise the cabin was very pleasant and comfortable. The balcony is smaller than some, but nice. I had wedding clothes and still had plenty of room for storage. I liked the walk-in closet arrangement.

Sunset Cruise

(4)
Little delay with transport to the harbor, but the catamaran, crew and sunset were delightful. The rum punch wasn't bad either!