Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by patricia dorling: Beautiful ship, different, in a good way.

patricia dorling
0 Post

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Beautiful ship, different, in a good way.

Sail Date: January 2012

Well I was so excited about going on this cruise as it was for a special birthday celebration, long awaited. Well most of the comments have been said before. The shows were the best we have ever seen on board any ship. Very professional, the costumes are breath taking, and the skills of the dancers, singers, skaters and acrobats are worthy af any west end show, or cirque du soleil performance. The sports area was brilliant, some people became really expert on the surfer, I myself only did the zip liner, but was great fun, not to be missed, if you don't like heights forget it. Book your shows before you go, make it easy for yourself. Cabin was spotless, didn't find it any smaller than any other ships. The shower worked great, good pressure, and decor is modern, plenty of small toiletries supplied. As usual comfortable king size bed. No issue for us with the electric plugs being under the dresser as some other comments. Godd interactive flat screen TV, easy to use safe. We paid for a More large balcony, I wouldn't bother again to pay the extra for this, you still have the same table and chairs, previous cruise with large balcony was supplied with sun loungers. We were on deck 14, now I wouldn't reccommend going so high as there is an overhang from above deck so we didn't get any sun on the balcony anyway.
I suppose I should list the niggles, as this is what cruise critic is for. Opus dining room, the staff work really hard, but I would have to say that the food is not quite as good as other RCCL cruises we have been on, and service could be slow, which didn't suit us, we like our courses to come quite quickly. Well our poor waiter, who was a great guy, had to go round about 3, sometimes 4 other tables to get to us as the tables are so tight. He could get to one side but not the other, firstly this increases having an accident and secondly the food would not be as hot as it could be. In the end, we decided etiquette had to go and we were passing plates and leaning over with our glasses to be served to try to help the waiters. One night it was really tight and we asked why, and the waiter told us it was because there had to be plenty of space around the captains table, which was close to us under the beautiful chandelier. One lunch time we decided to go to the seafood shack, the girl got our order wrong and when we did receive our fish it was frozen inside, put us off sent it back they sent us new meals but didn't fancy it, they didn't charge, so to their credit tried to rectify.
Loads of clubs to go into in the evening, something for every taste, but if you like to dance, and I mean ballroom as a lot of people do, there really isn't the space. If you are booked on the 8.30 meal sitting, you have to go to the shows at 10.30, so there is little time between to go to anything else that is happening on the ship, parades etc., Next time I would book the earlier sitting, especially if it was a winter sailing, as the sun sets about 5.15. I missed not being able to pop up to the windjammer after a busy night and sit with friends and have a cup of coffee whilst staring out to see, other ships keep the drinks stations open, to get a coffee you have to go down to the promenade cafe.
Would we go again...you bet we would, but I would book a lower balcony, book an earlier sitting if it was a winter sailing. Not take quite so many clothes as a lot of people unfortunately do not dress up as they do on European sailings. Yes it can feel busy at times, but if you love cruising, this ship has got to be done, great ship if you are with a group, you can have fun. Just two of you going, think I would choose a smaller ship. All in all ...we had a ball. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Large Balcony Deck 6 14596

Don't think high is better, deck 14 has an overhang from the above deck, I would suggest about deck 10. Don't waste money on a large balcony, you still only get one table and two chairs, even though there is room for sun loungers.

Loved Blue lagoon trip, very pretty, nice to spend the day at the beach.
Read 2631 Nassau Reviews

My favourite port, despite the rain. Get the water taxi, then wander along the boardwalk, there is a nice atmosphere here. You can rent a beach chair, Try the Holland House Hotel, they do a good cocktail, was a good opportunity to save my dollars and use up some spare euros I had.

Just wandered a bit then took a taxi to the sky ride, fantastic view.
Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews